Hacking Help With My Softmodded Wii

Fahrenheit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think I have some beginners luck. I followed this how to and it worked. I got USB loader going and I got Snes9x GX going off my SD card. Now I might of got it working but I have no idea how it works. What I want to do is get my USB Loader as a channel on the main wii menu and do the same for Snes9x GX (and other emus as I dive deeper). I need this to be explained step by step to me like I am a stupid monkey, cause I am.

Also just a fast question about hardware, I dont know if I got lucky also with my USB HD drive, Its one of them for a laptop hard drive that gets power from the USB port and is small and slow. Id like to use one of my old sata desktop drives, Can I use any plain jane enclosure for it? Also on the SD card, I just used the one from my camera to get started so Ill have to buy a new one for my wii. Any brand will do?

EDIT: I think you need to know I'm running 4.2U?

Fahrenheit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! That was super easy! Got both channels on and looks like i'll know how to do it in the future! One thing, I still cant seem to get SNES9z GX to pull roms from the hard drive, and i wouldn't even know how to put roms on said hard rive being its not in a format windows can work with. Help?

Fahrenheit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry if i'm missing the obvious but when I plug my hard drive into my computer to make the folders and move the files windows wont read the hard drive being its formated to use the wii file system. What am i missing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....