Hacking Help with my poor DSphat

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, wife and I were in an argument, and I "tossed" my DS down... "tossed" it quickly twards the ground... cracked the hinge, and cracked the top screen...

Turned it on to see how bad it was, top screen cracked diagonally from top left to bottom right with a nice big black spot bottom center
frown.gif

Took it apart to see if any damage to the innards, hoping to just buy a top screen and shell... everything else was good...

Put it back togeather, had some problems with the system now powering on all the way (with top screen disconnected, green light, bottom flashed then shut off, then got it all working, sort of)

Now, I got both screens turning on, white, get the boot up sound (dinging thingy), but that's it... top screen gets black verticle lines, then fills in black, and bottom screen shows nothing.

I can hear the sounds if I touch where something is, but I can't see anything, just white...

Any help? anything I can do, or am I just screwed?

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could see images on the top screen before I took it apart... but I'll check the ribbon cables again... I just need to find some games that are bottom screen intensive now, lol

EDIT

Ok, got the bottom screen working now... but the top is still not working... will it ever display anything again, or am I screwed on that?

thrallking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you could buy a new DS, but if you would like to save a few bucks I say just buy a new shell and top screen from ebay. The total cost should not be more than $30.

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I found some parts on DealExtreme... not bad prices... and I will NEVER get a DSlite... wife had one (red and black), and it SUCKED! I'd rather buy every piece I need to build a new DSphat and cost 3x more!

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Get a cheap shell and replace the top screen for around 30 bucks like the other guy before me just said, then go to a behaviorist and have a monthly session or something for $100 or so.

thrallking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

alexjzim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, ebays is cool and all, but the cheapest place is dealextreme.com. im noy gunna give a link (too lazy) but shell replacements, and screen replacements are $5 each, and guarenteed because they are store bought

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Item Name: Full Replacement Housing for NDS (Black)
Item Number: 5128
Quantity: 1
Total: $6.35 USD

Item Name: TFT LCD Replacement Module for NDS (Upper Screen)
Item Number: 3189
Total: $15.24 USD

Item Name: Registered Air Mail ##
Item Number: 0
Total: $0.01 USD

Cart Subtotal: $21.60 USD
Sales Tax:
Cart Total: $21.60 USD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum