Hacking Help with my new 3ds xl 11.1.0-34E

drazenm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI everyone, I did a lot of reading and still I'm confused so I decided to ask for help:)

I Have a new 3ds xl model with firmware 11.1.0-34e

And I also have a gateway cart that I used to use with my old 3ds.

So if I understand things a bit, if I would want to use the gateway cart on my new 3ds xl I'd have to downgrade it to 9.2 and then I could use my gateway cart to play 3ds roms and cias?

If it's possible can someone point me where and how to get it done, thank you.

If it's not possible then please suggest me what I can do to soft mod my new 3ds xl so I'm able to play 3ds roms and cia file games, thank you once more, I appreciate it

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway is outdated now, you can do everything it did with custom firmware (cfw).

you can get cfw by following this guide:

3ds.guide

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Reactions: drazenm

drazenm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway is outdated now, you can do everything it did with custom firmware (cfw).

3ds.guide

Thank you :)

How about Nintendo D's Roms, is it possible/better to play it with cfw or with gateways blue cart?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
HI everyone, I did a lot of reading and still I'm confused so I decided to ask for help:)

I Have a new 3ds xl model with firmware 11.1.0-34e

And I also have a gateway cart that I used to use with my old 3ds.

So if I understand things a bit, if I would want to use the gateway cart on my new 3ds xl I'd have to downgrade it to 9.2 and then I could use my gateway cart to play 3ds roms and cias?

If it's possible can someone point me where and how to get it done, thank you.

If it's not possible then please suggest me what I can do to soft mod my new 3ds xl so I'm able to play 3ds roms and cia file games, thank you once more, I appreciate it
You don't have to downgrade. Gateway can be used with Boot9Strap through BootCtr9 + v2gw.bin.
If you don't already have B9S follow http://3ds.guide
And if you want to ditch Gateway you can move your saves over to CIA by using this tool to export them then the regular JKSM to import them to the CIA versions:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-save-export-helper.465503/#post-7197728

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

3ds.guide

The only thing Gateway is still good for is cheat searching and custom cheats. While you can do it with cfw and NTR it is a royal pain in the ass and requires either lugging around a laptop or learning at least a little C programming. Yes, there is CTRPF/CTRPluginFramework but since the gbatemp thread was removed presumably it was a leaked alpha version.

Thank you :)

How about Nintendo D's Roms, is it possible/better to play it with cfw or with gateways blue cart?

It is possible to play DS roms from the SD card with custom firmware but compatibility is fairly low and frequently games that used to work will stop working as the loader is being heavily worked on. While you can use gateway's blue cart your best bet is to get one of these http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149 which not only has better DS game support but also has save state support..

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For playing Nintendo DS ROM's I'd recommend an r4i rts, it works great for Nintendo DS Games
(Although the only thing I hate about it is the fact that when you use Real time saving audio becomes all wonky in the game rom. Not sure if that's just mine but idc for the most part since I never use it.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte