elad1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Hi
am trying to move from sx os to atmosphere (because i want to play new and updated games)

I have V2 (mariko) Sx Core Switch.
am using now sx os with Emunand.

i saw this guide here:
rentry(.)org/mys8q

and its write in the start:

If you updated via ChoiDujourNX on your EmuNAND then you have to either get a donor boot0/boot1 or backup your SysNAND boot0/boot1 and then restore it via NxNandManager or EMUtool (if you're using a partition based EmuNAND) or simply replace the files in your sxos/emunand/ folder (if you're using a file based emuNAND). This is because your ChoiDuJourNX corrupts your boot0/boot1 and will prevent you from being able to boot into emuNAND on Atmosphere.
Hekate also has this function for EmuNAND. If you use that, please be sure you're NOT flashing SysNAND!

if am remember correctly i did update CFW with ChoiDujourNX once!
so, how do i start?

i didnt understand exactly what should i do,can some1 please explain me clear and simple what this is mean?

and other questions:
1.if am doing exacly like this guide, the games that now in the CFW will save? and all of my games saves will be there when i open atmosphere ?
if not how should i move them too.
2.after am doing the guide - will sx os still be installed in my switch? or its gone?(i dont care if its gone i just need to know). could i boot to sx os if i want? and should i remove it?
3. can i go to OFW and play online and update it freely?
3. how do i upgrade version in CFW with atmosphere? is there a guide for this?

Thank you very very much!

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read through the guide, and it seems legit. The only thing that is being "migrated" is your emuNand; most everything else is just file copying, and a little bit of text editing. Since your emuNand was on SXOS, I imagine you didn't have that many games installed, but probably just run the XCI directly, so "migrating" may not save you that much time. After "migration" you'll have to install the games in order to play. When I made my transition, I just created a new emuNand. My recommendation for your is:
* Export all your game saves so that you can import them back when the transition is done - Migrating or not, this is always good to do just in case your SD card craps out.
* Make a back up of your SD card - use a disk imager to backup, because if your SXOC emuNand was on a partition, simply copying won't work
* After those two things above, you should have the confidence to just try to follow that guide without worrying about messing up, because if you messed up, you'll still have that backed up SD card to go back to.
* I also did not see a step in there to install SigPatches - You'll need to do this after the transition
* Then you can install your games, and restore the game saves

SXOS shouldn't be affected. If you SysNand was clean, then you can go online with your SysNand. Atmosphere, Hekate, SigPatches all have release notes on how to install/upgrade (on Github); you need to read those.

elad1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
I read through the guide, and it seems legit. The only thing that is being "migrated" is your emuNand; most everything else is just file copying, and a little bit of text editing. Since your emuNand was on SXOS, I imagine you didn't have that many games installed, but probably just run the XCI directly, so "migrating" may not save you that much time. After "migration" you'll have to install the games in order to play. When I made my transition, I just created a new emuNand. My recommendation for your is:
* Export all your game saves so that you can import them back when the transition is done - Migrating or not, this is always good to do just in case your SD card craps out.
* Make a back up of your SD card - use a disk imager to backup, because if your SXOC emuNand was on a partition, simply copying won't work
* After those two things above, you should have the confidence to just try to follow that guide without worrying about messing up, because if you messed up, you'll still have that backed up SD card to go back to.
* I also did not see a step in there to install SigPatches - You'll need to do this after the transition
* Then you can install your games, and restore the game saves

SXOS shouldn't be affected. If you SysNand was clean, then you can go online with your SysNand. Atmosphere, Hekate, SigPatches all have release notes on how to install/upgrade (on Github); you need to read those.
ok, ill try to make a backup to my sd card and games,
but what about this?:

"
If you updated via ChoiDujourNX on your EmuNAND then you have to either get a donor boot0/boot1 or backup your SysNAND boot0/boot1 and then restore it via NxNandManager or EMUtool (if you're using a partition based EmuNAND) or simply replace the files in your sxos/emunand/ folder (if you're using a file based emuNAND). This is because your ChoiDuJourNX corrupts your boot0/boot1 and will prevent you from being able to boot into emuNAND on Atmosphere.
Hekate also has this function for EmuNAND. If you use that, please be sure you're NOT flashing SysNAND!"

can you explain me how to do that?

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you'll even need that? I didn't have to do anything like that when I did mine. Why don't you just try without it and see what happens. The worst that can happen is your migrated emuNand doesn't work, but you can create a new emuNand and import your saves. Works out the same way in my opinion.

elad1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Are you sure you'll even need that? I didn't have to do anything like that when I did mine. Why don't you just try without it and see what happens. The worst that can happen is your migrated emuNand doesn't work, but you can create a new emuNand and import your saves. Works out the same way in my opinion.
ok tnx i will try without it and create new emunand

elad1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
not working

it after trying enter to atmosphere its give me error:

a fatal error occurred when running fusee
package 1 seems corrupt

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were you I would create a new file-based emuNand using Hekate, just to see if you can get that far. You can always remove it later if you don't want to do that. But at least, that's a debugging step, and an alternative to get back to playing games again.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to follow the guide, to get boot0/boot1, use Hekate. Then use the tool that the guide mentioned.
Again, if it were me, I would just start a new emuNand, install my games, restore game saves, and play.

fireframe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I managed to migrate from sx os to atmosphere on my switch lite.
Though I did not follow the guide completely.

1. To be safe, you can use a new micro sd and create new emuMMC.
2. If you use new micro sd card, then you can always boot to your previous SXOS (using old sd card) and ofcourse, the new atmosphere OS on your new micro sd.
3. It depends, really.. whether you have done anything previously.
4. I have not update my OFW yet, though I accidentally downloaded the update when I went online on my OFW.
And when I made a new emuNAND, it was based on the OFW NAND. Hence, my new Atmosphere CFW always nag me with the update.. Till one day I accidentally click the 'update' option.. and boom.. I am on 13.1.0 AMS 1.2.4E

elad1212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPirates/comments/proy8f/sxos_to_atmosphere_fusee_error_package_1/
ok it
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPirates/comments/proy8f/sxos_to_atmosphere_fusee_error_package_1/

I did like this video and its work!!!

Someone know if i can upgrade my OFW too? Its now 10.0.2, i want to upgrade it to 13.1.0 and play online legit games too.
Its ok? Can i upgrade the OFW menually safely?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok it

Someone know if i can upgrade my OFW too? Its now 10.0.2, i want to upgrade it to 13.1.0 and play online legit games too.
dont know my switch is unpatched. sorry

ClericJay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it

I'd certainly do some research before jumping on 13.1.0. You have to set up Atmosphere a bit different for 13.1.0...newest version of Atmosphere is 1.2.4 on github. Fusee-primary.bin is no longer used on OFW13 or later, just a matter of deleting files that are no longer needed and putting newer files in the right places. You may need to update Sigpatches too.

I use an unpatched switch, but you should be able to find some decent videos on youtube that can guide you through updating on a patched mariko switch. GOOD LUCK!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr