Hacking Question Help With Moving From SX OS to Atmosphere

Starshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been trying to move from SX OS to Atmosphere since I want to play Skyward Sword. I'm using Emunand with the Hidden Partition option yet Hekate won't detect it for Migrate Emunand. I tried converting that to Atmosphere Emunand files using Emutools but it doesn't work either since Atmosphere refuses to boot, saying it can't mount EmuMMC from files.And yes, I've changed the ini to point at Emutendo.

Is my Emunand firmware too old? I'm still on 10.2.0 on Emunand and Sysnand even lower than that.

Reactions: Andrewoid1000

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been trying to move from SX OS to Atmosphere since I want to play Skyward Sword. I'm using Emunand with the Hidden Partition option yet Hekate won't detect it for Migrate Emunand. I tried converting that to Atmosphere Emunand files using Emutools but it doesn't work either since Atmosphere refuses to boot, saying it can't mount EmuMMC from files.And yes, I've changed the ini to point at Emutendo.

Is my Emunand firmware too old? I'm still on 10.2.0 on Emunand and Sysnand even lower than that.
https://rentry.co/mys8q

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't use the Migrate emuMMC option. The Emunand option is greyed out.
For use with emutool :
xalassa said:
After 2 entinre days messing with it I finally found the right way to migrate my emunand to another micro sd for atmosphere. Probably theres a better way but I didnt found any place in the internet that explained well for a newbie. Ill try to explain but my primary language is not english sorry for any confusion.

• For atmosphere you need to have the hidden partition be the last one instead of the first like sxos.

• I used the tegraexplorer payload to format the new micro sd the way you need fat32+ emu
  • Then I used emutool with the original micro sd selected atmosphere hidden and the partition 1, this way you make the backup of only the hidden partition.
  • In the right side select atmosphere file and as target any folder on windows.
  • After its done you need to make a backup of the folder inside the original microsd, the partition that is visiblem put in any folder on windows.
  • Then you switch the micro sd on your pc and put the new micro sd that you want to use.
  • In the emutool you select atmosphere file, select the folder you put the emunand backup beforem you need to select the eMMc folder, and as target you select the new micro sd and partition 1 that will have the average size of 29gb.
  • After the process is done you can move the backup you made from the visible part of the other micro sd to the visible part of the new micro sd, just copy and paste it. Boot on hekate go on emummc, change emummc and click on fix raw.

I did this and it worked finally, I hope it helps anyone having the same problem as me

You can follow these steps even with only one sd card, except that you will need to backup everything you want to keep on your pc, as tegraexplorer will format your entire sd card. And obviously, the hidden partition you will backup in the first place is from Sxos in your case and that you need to “inverse” the first two steps : backup first and creating hidden partition after.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which option?
Well, it’s quite “obvious “, patch Xci or patch nsp tab on the menu, depending on which version of the game you’ve got. Note that you need your prod keys in the right subfolder when using this kind of tools.
I do agree that NSC_Builder is more “complete” than SAK, but maybe less “easy” to use for some users. So it’s up to you.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Starshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it’s quite “obvious “, patch Xci or patch nsp tab on the menu, depending on which version of the game you’ve got. Note that you need your prod keys in the right subfolder when using this kind of tools.
I do agree that NSC_Builder is more “complete” than SAK, but maybe less “easy” to use for some users. So it’s up to you.

Yeah, I don't know how I can get the prod keys.

Abstract3000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the NSP as a split NSP. It doesn't get detected by Tinfoil.

Tried downloading the game through Tinfoil. Didn't work.

I think you have the Same issue I did, Try this. Keep in mind the 3 Terms

OFW (Original FirmWare tied directly to the System Nand)
SysNAND (Emunand Installed on the System itself NOT the SD Card)
Emunand (People refer to this as the version on the SD Card)

In Hekate when using the Migration tool it only looks at the SD for it, if you have SysNAND it will not see that, so to adjust this boot into the SX Settings power on with the Dongle while holding "+" go to Options -> Emunand then select "Move Emunand to SD" after thats done your Migrate option in HeKate should work. (that is if I think your dealing with what I just did.

Starshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have the Same issue I did, Try this. Keep in mind the 3 Terms

OFW (Original FirmWare tied directly to the System Nand)
SysNAND (Emunand Installed on the System itself NOT the SD Card)
Emunand (People refer to this as the version on the SD Card)

In Hekate when using the Migration tool it only looks at the SD for it, if you have SysNAND it will not see that, so to adjust this boot into the SX Settings power on with the Dongle while holding "+" go to Options -> Emunand then select "Move Emunand to SD" after thats done your Migrate option in HeKate should work. (that is if I think your dealing with what I just did.

Oh, thank you so much! It works!

Now I just need to update the firmware with ChoiDojour!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it