Help with M3 DS Real terms?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Rangent, Jul 1, 2008.

Jul 1, 2008

Help with M3 DS Real terms? by Rangent at 1:43 AM (967 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Rangent
    OP

Member Rangent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey everyone... it's time for another M3 beginner to ask really basic questions and hopefully not get too blasted on...

I just updated my M3 firmware to the most recent (v3.8). I'm really confused on some of the other terms out there though, primarily:

Sakura
    iTouchDS

Also... I was checking out some of the most recent homebrew apps and all they have is the revision history... not exactly what the homebrew app actually is...

Is there a way to tell what the applications are?

Also... what is DLDI patching, and with my M3 DS Real (2 slot) how do I patch things?

Thanks in advance for your patience.

2. airpirate545

Member airpirate545 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sakura is a new firmware made to fix most of the complaints about the oringal M3Real firmaware. More info here

Itouchds is the latest flash card from the M3 team. It's firmware can be triple booted with the M3 Sakura firmware and the M3 Real firmware. The files to do that and a little more info can be found here

If you have an M3 Real you don't have to worry about DLDI patching because it auto patches.

3. Rangent
    OP

Member Rangent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thank you so much! You've been a huge help!

4. 11gardir

Member 11gardir GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    To clarify a bit, DLDI patching is a way of getting the homebrew (software written for a device by amateurs) to be able to 'talk' to the card, and write to the memory - every flash card has different hardware and all work in different ways, but DLDI patching spans these differences.
    Normally.

I would recommend getting the Sakura/iTouch/M3 Real triple loader, which is easy to find in the M3 forum, as this will boot just about anything.