Hacking Help with Lu65, 4.0 Firmware

mewman13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got an Lu65 serial numbered Wii for a friend of mine, and I wanted to set her up with the Homebrew Channel and being able to download WAD files for WiiWare and VC games.

I accomplished this on the default 3.4 firmware by using the hackmii 0.2 beta installer and installed Homebrew Channel, DVDx, and Bootmii as an IOS, since boot 2 does not work on systems with Lu64+.

However, here I updated with the official Nintendo updater to firmware 4.0 without using Waninoko's updater. I found out later that this was bad and I did not install trucha-signed bugs beforehand. I then applied the Lu64 fix to be able to install WADs. After installing a few WAD files of VC games, I tried to put them on the SD card and only then did I find out that the official 4.0 firmware does not allow for these games to be played from the SD card unless they were purchased from the Wii Shop Channel.

What I want to know is, is there anything I can do now to fix my silly mistake?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you already have the LU64fix installed? All you have to do is install the patched IOS60 for the games to run from the SD Menu. This has been confirmed to work on LU64's so don't worry about that.

mewman13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's as simple as that? I was thinking that I would have to downgrade the firmware back to 3.4 (not sure if that's even safe) and then apply the patches there before reupping to 4.0 with Waninoko's updater.

Thanks for your input!

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you install preloader (if you didn't already), before installing the patched IOS60.

After installing the patched IOS60, you will get a "System Menu Corrupt"

Power down the Wii and Immediately after powering on hold RESET to boot into preloader

Once there navigate to the Homebrew Channel and run the preloader installer again

and bing bam boom, you're good to go!

And don't try to downgrade your LU65, from what i understand, it will brick

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, installing an early rev of cIOS will only cause things that involve cIOS to stop working, not the whole Wii because these Wii's won't run old/downgraded IOS's. The patched IOS60 isn't a downgrade so it shouldn't screw anything up.

Do it at your own risk, however. That's a given for all of these kinds of things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end