Hacking Help With Left over WADS

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm still a noob but here is what I did..

In December, shortly after I got my kids a wii,, I hacked it and used wad manager to install about 20 wads ALL IN A ROW.

So, after I was done I try to boot up the wii and it says "system memory full, please free some space" or something like that.. So, I started deleting channels thru wii data management until the wii booted up and ran...

Now, several months later I find out that I should have used wad manager to uninstall the wads INSTEAD of wii's data management.

Anyway, I boot up Any Title Deleter and it shows in the "installed channels" menu that I have 25. But on my wii I only have 16 channels.

A friend suggested that I use Wad Creator to go into my system memory and make wads out of them so that I could remove one by one and clean up my wii.

BUT, when I try to make a wad in wad creator with one of the files that says "unknown name" it gives me an error(ret = 106) and only created a very small file (4kb) on the root of the sd.

All the other channels that dont have "unknown name" download to sd card fine..

I need to clean up my wii and would like to know the best way.. So please someone that has been through this chime in here>?

Thanks

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use AnyTitleDeleter DB along with database.txt and it'll supply the actual name for your installed titles and you'll be able to quickly see which ones are the tickets for games you don't have anymore.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have no idea which one is more recent but they seem nearly identical to me and both use red squirrels database.txt.

€dit: i took a look at the history of the wiki entries and i recommend anytitle deleter db now. it combines the database.txt title replacement and reads titles from banner or .app-file of the channel what is nice if there is no entry in the database.txt.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter_DB

BlindDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aight,, i got it all cleaned up.. I ended up deleted some tickets that were to games on my sd card but oh well.. now i at least know whats on my wii.

I found that the ATD DB to more user friendly.

Thanks Guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.