Help with Kirby´s return to dreamland!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lopufi, Dec 27, 2011.

Dec 27, 2011
  1. lopufi
    OP

Newcomer lopufi Member

Brazil
    So, i have a 4.2U wii softmodded with a bunch of stuff i dont remember, and using neogamma r8 final.

It´s working fine, it can run Skyward Sword and all of the other games, but im having trouble with Kirby´s return to dreamland.

You see, the file was in .wbfs so i used wiibackup manager to put it in .ISO, since imgburn didn´t support the file and then i just burned it to a MultiLaser DVD at 2x speed.

The game boots up, shows that safety warning, another thingy saying to hold the wii remote sideways then it says that the disc could not be read.

What am i doing wrong?

2. lopufi
    OP

Newcomer lopufi Member

Brazil
    Hello?

3. lopufi
    OP

Newcomer lopufi Member

Brazil
    Oh, i see its 1AM in USA. I will be back tomorrow.

4. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    No its not 1AM in usa. And dont bump the thread so fast, youre not getting help any faster.
    The only thing that will happen is that a Moderator comes and gives you a scolding (watch out for cyan!) and in worst case locks the thread - which means you wont get any help at all :)

5. lopufi
    OP

Newcomer lopufi Member

Brazil
    Okay, im sorry.
    Just gonna wait here.

6. katw83

Newcomer katw83 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Try putting it onto hdd or flash drive and loading using a usb loader, I have this game running perfectly through usb loader GX on my hdd. The Kirby's Epic Yarn game did the same when I burned it to disc.

7. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Use a USB loader. Forget burning discs. That is a waste of your time and money on your end and it is a waste of our time for us when there are easier solutions. USB Loading is the way to go in the end.

8. lopufi
    OP

Newcomer lopufi Member

Brazil
    Meh, i dont know.

I really like DVD´s because they are technology-bitching free. That means it won´t get corrupted and shit. Also its more easy to organize.

Anyone knows how to make it work on dvd?

9. chaosdarkneo

Member chaosdarkneo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, if you're absolutely set on playing on DVD...

Since Skyward Sword is working, I'd assume you have a corrupted copy of the game. Try downloading from elsewhere.

(Don't ask where, since it's illegal...)

10. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Obviously you need to learn more. You asked for help and I gave you the best answer but that was not good enough for you.

Sure, go ahead and wear your laser out with burned discs, or just take my advice and live long and happy. In ther end I don't give a damn what happens to your wii, but since you do then you should listen to me instead of asking questions about things when you are already determined in your ways.

11. chaosdarkneo

United States
    I entirely agree with Deadly, but he might have been a bit harsh...

If your hard drive gets corrupted, no biggie, you can reformat and redownload the games. Your saves and stuff will be on the Wii.

HOWEVER... if your laser dies due to you using burned DVDs, HARDWARE DESTRUCTION, requiring MONEY to repair, and if not, you're screwed and the only way for you to play backups and your real games is to use a USB loader.

It's REALLY easy to get started on using USB. Don't be lazy.

12. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Sorry, it's part of my nature. Women are known for being douche bags, I'm known for being overly blunt (and I love a good blunt :D).

13. chaosdarkneo

United States
    xD I have to agree with you there. I've been blunt too. It's a lot easier than taking them through step-by-step. I have raged at noobs for failing to read instructions, and I hate lazy people.

14. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden

Im sorry, that doesnt make any sense.
    How can a big pile of DVDs be easier to organize than a 2.5-3.5" HDD? Currently, my 2.5" is equal to 36 DVDs, and I can fit more than twice the amount on it, and thats only a 500GB.
    Physically, I can fit 3 of those HDDs into a single DVD case.

15. lopufi
    OP

Newcomer lopufi Member

Brazil
    Wow wait this topic is becoming a huge My opinion>your opinion [censored]ry.

Thanks to chaosdarkneo. And i still say i dont like USB hd´s for personal experience with technology bitching. Also, my internet speed is slow so its much better for me to go to the mall and buy 5 games for what would be for you 5$.

Can´t find another copy yet, maybe its too new. Im going to try to burn the original wbfs(?) and run it with neogamma.

16. lopufi
    OP

Newcomer lopufi Member

Brazil
    Oh wait, wbfs can´t be burned. Durrrrrrrrr.

Any tips?

17. chaosdarkneo

United States
  18. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Why is everybody bitching about usb loading here? The game won't run if you have some kind of patch enabled, disable all patches and it should work. You also might need to update your NeoGamma, the game might use the same protection as We Dare, and that does not work with NeoGamma R8.

19. lopufi
    OP

Newcomer lopufi Member

Brazil
    All right, thanks guys.

Gonna try it out.

20. Infinite_zero

Newcomer Infinite_zero Member

United States
    Just for informational purposes, with a HDD you actually don't even need to DL games off of the internet. I generally don't anymore, at least. With USBloaderGX you can actually rip games from retail discs directly to the HDD within a matter of minutes with no DL necessary. I also tried in the beginning to use physical media, but the load times were unbearably long and the prospect of having bad copies (such as you are dealing with - and I did too) made me just suck it up and spend a little more on a HDD. another big plus is being able to flawlessly play DL-DVD games without having cutscenes or other parts removed from the games to fit on a regular DVD or have to buy DL-DVDs. Again, this is just a FYI, but a lot of troubles can be remedied this way, specifically the problems you are talking about.