Gaming Help with jtag xbox 360

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I have an xbox 360 which is jatgged and has dashboard 2.0.8955.0.
I installed Doritos Crash Course XBLA XBOX360 and also Beyond.Good.&.Evil.HD-XBLA but when i try to load them it says my xbox 360 needs an update.
I tried to run them through xm360 which said they were unlocked but they still are requiring an update.
Hoping someone can help me with this?
Also can i update the xbox 360 to the kinetic version with no issues?
If so can someone help me with a guide please?

Cheers

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are going to need to update your machine. I know of no simple or even attempted method to remove or otherwise bypass version checks and with updates being easy enough nobody is realistically going to put the time and effort in to doing it.

If you have an original NAND or other files then grab fbbuild and have at it. The NFO for it contains all you need on the subject or you can use a tool like bestpig's Freeboot Toolbox Maker if you prefer (it is basic command line stuff).

If you lack an original NAND dump your NAND, fire it through a later version of 360 flash dump tool (settings keys- insert your CPU key, extract- select everything but raw file system, wherever you extract it to should be a folder called freeBOOT\Data - in this are the files you need and the metadata for them).

If you are feeling especially bored you can rewire your JTAG wiring to use different points and dodge some possible E79 issues and the only thing of note to happen here- if you have your original NAND you can get your original SMC apply a fix (see Xbox 360 SMC Utility by Blackaddr) to allow play and charge kits to work properly (try powering off a machine with one in and charging). No method for already hacked NANDS (which yours will be if you just dumped it from machine that was already hacked).

Be warned you do stand a chance of having to repeat this game in a little while as we just saw the first game to use the newest dash (we have already seen a couple of updates to the Kinect dash and the rebooters, at least the public ones, are running behind).

After all is said and done you might want to update to the newest dashlaunch as well- it defeats AP25 and everybody loves dashlaunch.

shanefromoz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok i have a dvd which has my original nand on it and i am trying to use easyfreeboot.
I click on efb then click create image.
i then click on the flashdmp image that i have after using flash360.
I enter my cpu key from dvd which also contains the original nand.
I get this message and click ok i then get an error which says "could not find file :sysupdate.xexp1:
error: unhandled exeption.
press any key to continue.
Can someone please help me with this?

Cheers

** got it updated **

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls