Hacking Help With Installing the Latest NewGamma R9 Beta!

madboi20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I basically hacked my Wii(softmoded) last week using this guy's tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnQU34wCIoM&feature=channel_video_title . So basically I don't have much knowledge of Wii hacking and don't really understand this IOS business. All I know is my Wii Backup Discs are working fine on the disc channel but my Gamecube ones aren't. The guy bundled this neogamma loader and a Wiigator Backup Launcher with it. I've installed them and they seem to kind of work, I just need them for GC games as Wii ones run fine through the disc channel. I tested the NeoGamma that came with the tutorial (do not know if it's the latest) and a Wii burnt game worked fine but a GC game did not. I ttested the Wiigator launcher too with Wind Waker and it worked perfectly until the first dungeon map when it crashes upon pressing up on the d-pad. Basically all I want to do from hacking my Wii is be able to play my Wii games fine(which I can) and to be able to play a few gamecube games, Wind Waker in specific but I can't get it past that dungeon map point and I've been told that I should install the latest NeoGamma as the problem is fixed. However I don't quite know how to and if it's safe to, because of two reasons; I don't want my Wii to get bricked and the other reason, I don't want to damage the functionality of my Wii backup games on the disc channel as they are working flawlessly at the moment! PLEASE HELP ME TO PLAY WIND WAKER BY INSTALLING NEOGAMMA! :P

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

madboi20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol :P that's me but a separate thread, now that i know i gotta install NeoGamma, I thought I might aswell make a new thread for a slightly diffrent topic

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks! but there is a small risk when installing it as a channel right?
Yeah, but well if you get the links from experienced users like pretty much everyone on gbatemp then you can be sure there is no risk with installing this channel.

madboi20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Youtube guides are awesome!! They make it really hard to go wrong as it shows you every single process and you just follow exactly. It also reduces the stress of doing it wrong! :P

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It reduces? It's the other way around! Because most youtube videos install some wrong, outdated or corrupted files on your wii and then you need to do everything again.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
It reduces? It's the other way around! Because most youtube videos install some wrong, outdated or corrupted files on your wii and then you need to do everything again.

Or throw the Wii in the garbage can, in worst case.

madboi20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well you gotta be aware of stuff like that :P do some research, check the date of the vid and hot it applys to the latest stuff and look at the view and like-dislike ratio! Judging from that you're pretty good to go. Video descriptions are usually updated too as the procedure is really similar a lot of the time ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb