Hacking Help with installing Luma on my new n2ds xl

Robix95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys I've bought a new n2ds xl and I want to install Luma and b9s on it. I've got a o3ds with b9s and Luma but it is banned. I've also got 4 flashcard but no one is compatible with ntrboot :cry:. What's the best way to hack the n2ds xl?
Would the ban be transferred with the dsiwarehax?
(It's on the latest system version)

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the ban won't be transferred?
It will not. Though, if your NNID was linked when you got banned, then the NNID will be banned, and I think that kind of ban is transferred, unless you unlink the NNID before you transfer. And also, it's not DSiWareHax, it's DSiWare Transfer Exploit. *hax means a userland exploit, only allowing HBL access (Soundhax is userland, but on =<11.3 we can gain K9 from Userland).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It will not. Though, if your NNID was linked when you got banned, then the NNID will be banned, and I think that kind of ban is transferred, unless you unlink the NNID before you transfer. And also, it's not DSiWareHax, it's DSiWare Transfer Exploit. *hax means a userland exploit, only allowing HBL access (Soundhax is userland, but on =<11.3 we can gain K9 from Userland).
It's never been known as "DSiWare Transfer Exploit", always DSiWare hax. And DSiWare hax does not give access to userland, it always gave arm9 access.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's never been known as "DSiWare Transfer Exploit", always DSiWare hax. And DSiWare hax does not give access to userland, it always gave arm9 access.
I heard some people calling it that. Then my question, why is it DSiWareHax? 3ds.guide calls it DSiWare Transfer or something like that. People don't call NTRBoot NTRBootHax. Well, some do, but it's supposed to be called NTRBoot.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I heard some people calling it that. Then my question, why is it DSiWareHax? 3ds.guide calls it DSiWare Transfer or something like that. People don't call NTRBoot NTRBootHax. Well, some do, but it's supposed to be called NTRBoot.
3ds.guide never seems to give it a name, just says "using DSiWare" etc. That's interesting. I never noticed that before.
It wouldn't be called DSiWare Transfer Exploit because the exploit isn't on the fact that it is transferred, it is in the hacked save. For a little while we used to be able to inject the save just using userland access, and didn't need to do the transfer at all. It was still DSiWare hax then. When that got blocked, the guide had two pages, one for "single system DSiWare hax" (for firmwares where it still worked) and "two system DSiWare hax". (Not 100% sure on the titles but it was the same word just with single and multi system as the distinguisher).

Robix95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So it's best to reset my o3ds and do the system transfer? Should I do some test to see if the ban is worse than the 002-0102 or I'm safe?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will not. Though, if your NNID was linked when you got banned, then the NNID will be banned, and I think that kind of ban is transferred, unless you unlink the NNID before you transfer.
That actually is not something to worry of. Even if you have a NNID linked it wont get perma banned *hyperbanned* unless you did something like go online early on a game. 002-0102 bans can happen with nnids linked and can have the friend seed used to remove it and also still have the NNID usable afterwards without issues.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is true from what all I have seen here. But from the error code OP provided 002-0102 is the device ban. If they start seeing 022-2812 then they really need to start worrying as that is the hyperban code.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true from what all I have seen here. But from the error code OP provided 002-0102 is the device ban. If they start seeing 022-2812 then they really need to start worrying as that is the hyperban code.
Oh. I figured that 002-0102 was a seed ban, and the hyperban is just the seed ban + your NNID is banned but you don't immediately notice till you try to swap out LocalFriendCodeSeed_B's.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Robix95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've remembered that I've changed the friend seed code with the public one, last year. It's still safe to do the transfer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌