Help with importing files from tetris deluxe(U) to tetris(J)

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by FMP, Sep 6, 2010.

1. FMP
    OP

Newcomer FMP Newbie

United States
    Hello, guys.
    The prblem is: I want to translate the usa version of tetris and import to the japanese version. BUT when I try to modify the txts there, the text bugs and the game usually freezes. So , I can not modify any text in the game at all, the game, or something else, des not allow it!
    Does someone knows how to by pass it? A way to modify and import with no bugs????
    obs: Im talking about the latest version of tetris, the deluxe and the premium.
    Any help is welcome.

2. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Why would you even want to do it? There already are Japanese versions of Tetris. In fact, it appears that Tetris party premium is Tetris Party Deluxe, but in Japanese.

3. FMP
    OP

Newcomer FMP Newbie

United States
    There are tetris party premium (J) and tetris party deluxe (U). The japansese version has some more significant things than the (U) version. I want to translate the americam version and export theses files to the japanese version, so I can play the japanese version with its "improvings" and in my mother language (portuguese). See?

4. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States

I have no idea what you're talking about nor did you say how you inserted the text. To modify text in a game, you need to know each letter's hex code and that's how you change it. You can't just type words in.

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Since when can't you type characters directly into a hex editor? (look at the green columns on the right)
    http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv262/t...DSTT/savlib.png

Admittedly, you really can't open the ROM and just start typing away, but that's more because the text is typically compressed and not a matter of hex/hex editing.

6. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    Well, that's what I meant to say, thanks for clearing it up [​IMG]

7. FMP
    OP

Newcomer FMP Newbie

United States
    I opened the rom using dslazy, then I searched for the game's texts. I found some texts with tbl extension. When I tried to modified it, the text gets messed up and the game freezes. So the question is: As twiztidsinz said about compressed text, How can I find out witch compression is been used over this game's text? I think this time I made a understandable question. If someone knows ANYTHING, please, help me.

8. Phoenix Goddess

United States

If you want to do any translating and do the romhacking yourself, you may want to start with learning how to romhack.
    You could use CT2 or BatchLZ77 to find the compression and decompress it.