Homebrew Help with homebrew not launching + updating hax

ayatan93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Hi, sorry in advance if u find me too newbie but all I could learn was how to hack 3ds by myself and it may not be the best.
So, I still have sysnand and emunand on my 3ds, because I don't always have time to use/update it. My 3ds was working normally and launched homebrew without problems months before, now I want to use it again but whenever I try to boot homebrew(by using browser and going to the launcher site/link(tried several sites already)) I get yellow screen, then grey one, stays like this for some time and then I get the error to restart the console. It's o3DS, CTR-001(USA). And this is my SD card as you can see. So any tips on:
1. how to access emuNAND without updating(maybe some files are not needed and are just getting in the way) and
2. I've read about new firmware which lets u just get emuNAND as your sysNAND, I can find the post about how to myself, just if you could tell me from where I should continue, maybe from finalizing setup?
The first one would help for now a lot, the second can wait. If needed I can screen all of the folders too.
Thanks in advance and sorry again if I wrote something wrong! <3

Attachments

• 3DS SD.png
    3DS SD.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 248

ayatan93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
from what i understand having emunand is obsolete so i would just start from
https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s

Ok, huge thankst! Will get to it as soon as I have time for it. Oh and 1 more question if I may: no option to just start emunand for now with browserhax right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have Luma, do this first to remove your emuNAND without losing anything, then follow that link from above to switch to b9s and stay up to date. https://3ds.hacks.guide/move-emunand
I only have 3ds games installed from .cia files, I don't have to follow first 2 steps right? Which are DSiWare and GBA VC games and saves backup. And thanks for answering me and reminding me of this!

ayatan93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
So I am just checking the tutorial now before I start anything, to make sure I won't make something wrong and as I see you need to boot luma while starting the console, which I can't, I guess because I have the old version and as I mentioned above, I can't access hb either, so what should I do, update luma first? Or maybe something else?

ayatan93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
I still can't access anything except sysNAND, can't access homebrew in any way, my sysNAND is 9.2.0-20U, can this be a problem?
I tried updating Godmode, Luma, b9s, boot.3dsx, still no luck.

Again, whenever I try to access hbl with browser, the lower screen gets yellow, then grey and then gives me an error "An error occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system."

Please can anyone tell me what do I have to do?

Last edited by ayatan93,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I still can't access anything except sysNAND, can't access homebrew in any way, my sysNAND is 9.2.0-20U, can this be a problem?
I tried updating Godmode, Luma, b9s, boot.3dsx, still no luck.

Again, whenever I try to access hbl with browser, the lower screen gets yellow, then grey and then gives me an error "An error occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system."

Please can anyone tell me what do I have to do?

https://3ds.hacks.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)
use this.

in the future reference the guide. answers to all your questions are there.

Reactions: Shadow#1

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Do I have to delete anything or start from the start thought? And thanks for answering!

the soundhax method is the current method to load homebrew channel on 9.2. I think the current hb loader (2.0) is incompatible with browser loader.

if you need to overwrite any files do that.
your way of launching "cfw" on emunand is outdated. we now have a bootloader (b9s) that loads cfw, in most cases luma3ds 9.0 from sd card on every boot, from a file called boot.firm.

we also don't need emunand anymore. most likely all your games and saves are tied to emunand, so if you don't care for your 9.2 sysnand move emunand to sysnand at the appropriate step, it will be mentioned in the guide as you go along.

but always, always make backups!
if you have important saves on your 9.2 sysnand use Checkpoint from hb loader to back them up.

if you have the space take a full backup of your SD card right now, copy it all to a folder on your computer.
when you have access to godmode9 or decrypt9, do the same with your sysnand and emunand. dump them to SD and copy to your pc for safekeeping.
do this before moving.

this way we can always help you resolve any problems in the future.

ayatan93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
the soundhax method is the current method to load homebrew channel on 9.2. I think the current hb loader (2.0) is incompatible with browser loader.

if you need to overwrite any files do that.
your way of launching "cfw" on emunand is outdated. we now have a bootloader (b9s) that loads cfw, in most cases luma3ds 9.0 from sd card on every boot, from a file called boot.firm.

we also don't need emunand anymore. most likely all your games and saves are tied to emunand, so if you don't care for your 9.2 sysnand move emunand to sysnand at the appropriate step, it will be mentioned in the guide as you go along.

but always, always make backups!
if you have important saves on your 9.2 sysnand use Checkpoint from hb loader to back them up.

if you have the space take a full backup of your SD card right now, copy it all to a folder on your computer.
when you have access to godmode9 or decrypt9, do the same with your sysnand and emunand. dump them to SD and copy to your pc for safekeeping.
do this before moving.

this way we can always help you resolve any problems in the future.

well, the reason I want to access hb now is cause I want to make console playable in sysnand, which u just mentioned, so yeah, I checked every info I could after writing it here, thanks for the explanation <3 oh and also, I always make backups, I already backed whole emuNAND(not sysNAND tho cause I don't really have anything I need there) before trying to do anything on console and thanks for reminding that. I know my way is outdated so that's why I'm trying to make this work.
Just one more question, should I replace the new HBL with the one I had backed up? cause I did every step for soundhax before playing the m4a file, and I'm trying to somehow make it work but it ends up with error everytime and restarts the system

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
well, the reason I want to access hb now is cause I want to make console playable in sysnand, which u just mentioned, so yeah, I checked every info I could after writing it here, thanks for the explanation <3 oh and also, I always make backups, I already backed whole emuNAND(not sysNAND tho cause I don't really have anything I need there) before trying to do anything on console and thanks for reminding that. I know my way is outdated so that's why I'm trying to make this work.
Just one more question, should I replace the new HBL with the one I had backed up? cause I did every step for soundhax before playing the m4a file, and I'm trying to somehow make it work but it ends up with error everytime and restarts the system

no. new hbl is normal, it's the only thing they use in the guide I think.
I'm not sure why it crashed for you. do you have another SD card you can format and try with? maybe your sd card is corrupt?

ayatan93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
no. new hbl is normal, it's the only thing they use in the guide I think.
I'm not sure why it crashed for you. do you have another SD card you can format and try with? maybe your sd card is corrupt?

Unfortunately no, I don't have any other SD cards for now. Also I don't think it can be corrupted, as long as just not using it while it was inserted in console can corrupt it. Could that happen? I've been using this SD card before now too, I did everything on it myself but that was a long time ago, I was using it normally with no errors maybe 2 months ago, I didn't have time for it after that and now that I do it's just so hard to understand what should I do. Is there any way to check if the SD is corrupt? Or may it be some old/corrupted file that makes hax unable to work?

ayatan93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
There might be mini update, I don't know if it's worth mentioning tho. I'm trying over and over again to make soundax work so just now, and just for once, on the upper screen different colors appeared, like the bottom screen when you try to launch HBL, it crashed after anyway tho, and the colors haven't appeared after it, I'm still trying.. :D If I remember correctly the last color was green and then it crashed

ayatan93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
an update: I just made soundhax work and I'm in HBL now, there was a problem with anotherapp.bin, either the version was not correct, or the name, cause it was named otherapp.bin.bin, I also turned on file extensions for it, so I don't know what made it work but it works for now. Will post how everything else goes. Great thanks to everyone for helping!!!

ayatan93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
So, I've done everything and everything works perfectly. Huge thanks for everyone who helped me!! From almost crazy I went to happy now! Thanks again guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s