Hacking Help with getting Smash Retail save to .3dz with NTR + SaveGameFiler

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! I've been running into quite a bit of trouble trying to get my retail save into my .3dz, am using a N3DSXL + Gateway for the .3dz

The steps i've followed are:

1. set up the original microSD the console came with for NTR
  2. export retail Smash with NTR Savegame Manager Plugin (This just gives me account_data.bin and system_data.bin, is that correct?)
  3. install some possibly antiquated version of SaveGameFiler because honestly, I have no idea where to find a proper source of these things (I think I downloaded a "newer?" version of 3DSDevKit, but am currently unsure 1) how to uninstall the SaveGameFiler.cia and 2) if a "newer" version would make any difference, but apparently it did fro someone on the forums
  4. attempt to export the Smash.3dz save so I can replace what's inside and import it (won't work, I keep running into a CTR Card Broken error, and hell, the files I got from the Savegame Plugin Manager don't even match what SaveGameFiler explorts when I tried it on POR)
So could anyone possible point me in the right direction? Goal is to take my retail Smash save and put it into my dumped Smash.3dz so I can play online with my friends with a 1.0.5 update through cia.
Thanks!

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get around the CTR Card Broken error by renaming the smash bros save (00040000000EDF00.sav) to 000400000FF40A00.sav. Just make sure to use the multirom menu to select SSB4 before using savedatafiler. After you dump the GW backup, replace the freshly dumped Gateway save with the NTR retail save on your SD card, use savedatafiler, go to the SD menu, and press L+A to import the save data to CTR card. Rename the 000400000FF40A00.sav file back to '00040000000EDF00.sav' and it should be working from there.

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get around the CTR Card Broken error by renaming the smash bros save (00040000000EDF00.sav) to 000400000FF40A00.sav. Just make sure to use the multirom menu to select SSB4 before using savedatafiler. After you dump the GW backup, replace the freshly dumped Gateway save with the NTR retail save on your SD card, use savedatafiler, go to the SD menu, and press L+A to import the save data to CTR card. Rename the 000400000FF40A00.sav file back to '00040000000EDF00.sav' and it should be working from there.

Is there any issue if my NTR dump is just account_data.bin and system_data.bin? Smash won't start after I dump the save with the NTR plugin (Hold L, wait for two green flashes, press A), so I'm afraid the save might not be dumping properly.)

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any issue if my NTR dump is just account_data.bin and system_data.bin? Smash won't start after I dump the save with the NTR plugin (Hold L, wait for two green flashes, press A), so I'm afraid the save might not be dumping properly.)

Nope, you're fine. That's the same format that savedatafiler will export the save as. I also had the same thing happen to me with the green flashes, but it all worked out fine.

Reactions: Dragaan

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, glad to hear all my hair pulling and nail biting from when I was struggling to figure this all out wasn't for nothing. :P

(Thanks, Thorasgar, for pointing me in the right direction!)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, glad to hear all my hair pulling and nail biting from when I was struggling to figure this all out wasn't for nothing. :P

(Thanks, Thorasgar, for pointing me in the right direction!)
Awesome. When I get a chance to tackle this I know where to turn for help. :)

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! if you dont mind may you please explain in details what you did. i want to get my smash bros 4 and my mario kart 7 cartridge saves converted to gateway

so far heres what i have and what did.

i have a N3ds on SYSnand 9.0 and my EMUnand also on 9.0

i have installed NTR CFW 2.2 and used the savedata plugin on smash bros 4.
that resulted in me getting 2 files

a folder called save_00040000000edf00 containing a sub directory called save_data and finally inside that are 2 files called

account_data.bin (21kb)
&
system_data.bin (205kb)

then i reinstalled my CN gateway exploit and went to my emunand and installed savedatafiler.cia and launched it.

i am stuck here

how do i convert those 2 bin files to 1 .sav file?

Dragaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what I wrote in another thread:

Alright, here's my shoddy play by play (doing much of this by memory)

Disclaimer: This only worked for me on Smash, I don't know if it'd also work for other roms, I haven't tested any else. Additionally, I have no idea how card 1/card 2 is treated by savedatafiler, so treat these steps as EXCLUSIVELY for smash (I think this is a card2 game) until someone can enlighten me on it.

What I used:
  • Gateway
  • EmuNAND
  • retail cart to back up (in this case, Smash. The steps could probably be different for card 1 vs card 2)
  • .3dz or .3ds to inject save into
  • one microSD for emuNAND
  • one microSD for NTR 2.1 CRW (you can probably use one microSD for both, but I didnt')
  • NTR Savegame Manager
  • Cubic Ninja
  • savedatafiler.cia and something to install it with (devmenu, Big Blue Menu)
Steps:

1. Set up NTR CFW on a microSD and the Savegame Manager Plugin (drag the plugin folder from NTR 2.0 into the root of microSD)
  2. Launch into NTR 2.1, back up your retail cart (instructions in the link)
  3. Power off N3DSXL, copy the save over to your computer
  4. Delete the NTR CFW exploit off Cubic Ninja, and rescan the Gateway QR code to get back into the Gateway menu
  5. Launch emuNAND and install savedatafiler (hopefully you have the cia on your emuNAND microSD)
  6. Preload Smash by pressing select and loading it into emuNAND's card slot but do NOT start the game
  7. launch savedatafiler and export the CTR Card save (press Y I believe, I don't remember)
  8. power off your 3ds and find the folder in emuNAND's microSD where the save was exported to (it should be in a /filer directory)
  9. open up the exported save until you find a folder with account_data.bin and system_data.bin in it and REPLACE these two files with the dump you got from the retail cart
  10. launch emuNAND and savedatafiler, press right on the d-pad to go to SD and import the archive with your save in it (R+A I think)
A blockade you'll probably run into is at step 7: savedatafiler will display CTR CARD-BROKEN or something like that in red text, and you'll be unable to extract the save. You'll have to follow the steps here, which were graciously provided to me by Darklinkreturns. Good luck!

you basically need to 1) export your rom's save using savedatafiler, 2) REPLACE what you exported with your retail save (with savedatafiler, you'll export two .bins, which you can replace with what you got with the NTR Savegame manager), and 3) REIMPORT the save into the rom through savedatafiler.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im so close but when i try to import save i get
failure!
level -7
summary 4
module 17
desc 120

EDIT: I GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
I did it again but before exporting the dummy renamed savedata i clicked remove delete secure value and then export, then i removed the sd and replaced the 2 files and went back to save filer. booted back to gateway mode and loaded smash bros 4 but not start it then i went back to save filer and imported to CRT and regular import and no error!
then i removed sd and renamed the renamed save back to the smash 4 save and bootes um smash bros 4 and my save worked!

thanks a bunch!
il try and see if this work with other games too:bow:

Reactions: Dragaan

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn, I'm really interested in getting my Smash/MarioKart retail saves working on my gateway. Is this really necessary to have cubic ninja ?

Does the NTR work with launching the cubic ninja rom from the gateway ?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I'm really interested in getting my Smash/MarioKart retail saves working on my gateway. Is this really necessary to have cubic ninja ?

i only have to use the cubic ninja because i have a N3ds, if you have the O3ds i "think" you can do the browser exploit.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

To launch NTR you'll need either a retail copy of cubic ninja or a sky3DS. You can't launch NTR from gateway mode.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

dumped my Gateway .sav for smash bros as well as the NTR backup...but my issue is savedatafiler when I go to SD I can't find what I need to import to CTR...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche