Hacking Help with getting AR to run

Zarraya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install the gamecube action replay channel because all of the max versions are ridiculously expensive and I want codes for PSO episodes 1&2. This is my first time ever doing anything like this to the wii and i have gotten the HBC installed (1.1.0). I have found what i need in a package called AR GC Package. I contains apps that include ARBooter114, cios rev21 installer, mios patching wad installer and nugasa. I know that i need to do the cios then the mios but when i attempt to do the installer i have no idea what i am doing. I have selected the IOS version to use during installation as IOS36 (and have tried 249, 250). Some of the time I would get a disconnect from the wii remote but this stopped after i used the gc controller. I use base IOS version 58 v6175 and have tried 80 v6943 with the slot set to 249. Then i use the network and for the first several times it would freeze and require a reset. Then it finally started working and everything was successful until it gets to Installing Custom IOS, please wait...
then it gets the error Install ERROR! (ret = -2011). What do i do to get this to work? The system version is 4.3U.

Thank you for your help!

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is that an official channel made by Datel? I'm unsure from your post if you have the Action Replay disc or not...

Zarraya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have the action replay disk but have lost the memory card to it and now am looking for a solution with out buying another copy. I have gotten the data needed to do this from the disk. The main problem is getting the cios installed. THe file from the disk is ar144.dol. I had to rip it because it is used in the guide that i found and i could not find it online.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, the problem right now is getting cIOS249 on your Wii? I suggest reading through the following guides to get an idea of what you'll need to do to install cios:
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/advanced

and then:
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

The first one walks you through the installation of cios236, the second teaches you how to install cios249 by using the installed cios236.

After you've finished installing cios236, and then cios249, you can go back to following the rest of the steps in your original guide for AR.

Or, you could look into using Gecko codes (the homebrew version of AR) for this game, if the AR method doesn't pan out. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime