Hacking Help with getting a CIA installer on N3DS emunand

shahanshah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's something fishy with my emunand, and I don't know what's wrong. I'm using reinand on a N3DS, but something must have gone wrong, because after unlinking my nands, I couldn't find FBI anymore. So now I need to find out how to get a CIA manager on my emunand so I can actually use it. I've tried installing FBI from homebrew in emunand as shown in the video below, but that doesn't work, I'm told "DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND". Additionally, for some reason, when I go into system settings from emunand, it doesn't say rei next to my system version. I've heard I can inject FBI over health and safety, but the rxtools page doesn't work for me.

Here's a little video demonstrating my problems:

I would really love getting some help with this

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only way that ever turned out to work great for me was:

- Boot into Sysnand
- Run some *hax to launch PastaCFW
- Within PastaCFW run again some *hax to launch FBI via Homebrew Launcher
- Install FBI.cia to NAND (this will write into your sysnand!)
- Create a emunand from your sysnand containing FBI
- Enjoy your FBI in your emunand

Of course you could also try to inject FBI into Health and Safety application ... but unfortunately for me it never worked out on new3ds (Firmware 9.0)

Good luck and make a copy of your microsdcard (including your emunand) before you mess around with it ... just to be safe ;)

shahanshah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's too late for that now, sadly. The two nands are unlinked, so I can't use pasta (or minipasta) to install it to sysnand and thus both. Also, if I start over again, I lose all my games and save progress on the emunand, which I wouldn't want.

Is there no way for me to restore my sysnand? I tried through that gateway menu, but the European 3DS models are not supported

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nah, it's not too late ... you can always create a fresh emunand from your current sysnand and if your sysnand has FBI installed then, your new emunand will also have it :)
You can backup all your savegames in emunand using a homebrew tool like SaveDataFiler or SVDT ... i know it sounds like a pain to install everything all over again ... but you can do it ;)

shahanshah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nah, it's not too late ... you can always create a fresh emunand from your current sysnand and if your sysnand has FBI installed then, your new emunand will also have it :)
You can backup all your savegames in emunand using a homebrew tool like SaveDataFiler or SVDT ... i know it sounds like a pain to install everything all over again ... but you can do it ;)
Yes, that was what I planned as a last resort. Looks like that is what it has come to. Thanks anyway

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wish i had a better advice for you, but it turns out to be the only way i know which is guaranteed to work. Just make backups before and you should be safe to do it. Good luck :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)