Hacking help with getting a CFW on my new3ds Ver. 9.0.0-20E

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! am a newbie and new to 3ds hacking scene 2019! lately ive been trying to get a CFW on my new3ds to play 3ds games,i have a sky3ds but i cant play the latest games and eshop games etc. So ive been looking on google and other websites and i am bit confused as to which CFW i should install? (theres so many and some are too long and seem way hard to follow..) My new3ds is on version 9.0.0-20E so id like to know if theres a simple and easy guide to install a cfw to mainly play all 3ds games. really hoping someone can help! thanks in adavnce

Sorry if ive posted this messsge in the wrong Forum list, please can admin move this into correct Forum/thread

Last edited by zubz19,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! am a newbie and new to 3ds hacking scene 2019! lately ive been trying to get a CFW on my new3ds to play 3ds games,i have a sky3ds but i cant play the latest games and eshop games etc. So ive been looking on google and other websites and i am bit confused as to which CFW i should install? (theres so many and some are too long and seem way hard to follow..) My new3ds is on version 9.0.0-20E so id like to know if theres a simple and easy guide to install a cfw to mainly play all 3ds games. really hoping someone can help! thanks in adavnce

Sorry if ive posted this messsge in the wrong Forum list, please can admin move this into correct Forum/thread
https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Reactions: zubz19

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK then, ill start following the 3dshack guide, but it seems difficult and am scared if i get stuck somewhere in between.. ill see how far i can go with the guide..hoping someone here can help if i get stuck:(

Last edited by zubz19,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's just intimidation trust me there's not much difficulty in it just take your time and if you feel like you got stuck come back here and ask about it
^ this.
It looks like a long guide, but that's just because it's thorough.
My advice would be to read through the entire process (downloading the required files as you go) before actually starting the hacking process, then return to the start and begin for real.

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's just intimidation trust me there's not much difficulty in it just take your time and if you feel like you got stuck come back here and ask about it

thankyou for the support,
^ this.
It looks like a long guide, but that's just because it's thorough.
My advice would be to read through the entire process (downloading the required files as you go) before actually starting the hacking process, then return to the start and begin for real.

thankyou for your advices, ill see where i can get upto, hoping further help..

Last edited by zubz19,

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HELP NEEDED! (thanks in advance)

a) ive just started reading the process and started downloading the files; i selected "Hombrew Launcher (Soundhax)" from the version table as my 3ds in on 9.0.0-20E, on this page there are some links that it says you need to download under "what you need"
i downloaded these files but on the "soundhax" link, after i choose the region and firmware and press "DOWNLOAD M4A" there comes a message: "No video of supported format and MIME type found" and theres nothing to download! what shall i do?

b) On the link "otherapp payload" where you have to select your 3ds version, there is no option to select number "2" the second to last number, as there is only number 7 and nothing above that number! so i can only choose 9.0.0-7E and not 9.0.0-2E. what should i do?

c) Also in the links of "what you need" there are about 3 or more files in each, do i download all of them? for e.g in "the hombrew launcher" there are these files: "boot.3dsx 332kb" , "Source code (zip)" , "Source code (tar.gz) , Do i download all of them? or just the first one?

Last edited by zubz19,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
a) Your thread title says 9.0.0-20E – and that version can be selected on
https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp
New 3DS on 9.0.0-2E… not sure if this is even possible. If this is not an error/typo, I don’t think you can use Soundhax anyway. Please open System Setting and look for the exact version number.

b) Maybe right click and “Save as” works on the link below. Seems your browser is trying to play the exploit file – but the file does not contain any audio data).
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nedwill/soundhax/master/soundhax-eur-n3ds.m4a
or try a different browser on the Soundhax page.

c) You will only need boot.3dsx – unless you want to build it from source yourself – or even start development. (In addition to that boot.3dsx is also included in the latest Luma package).

Good luck.

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a) Your thread title says 9.0.0-20E – and that version can be selected on

New 3DS on 9.0.0-2E… not sure if this is even possible. If this is not an error/typo, I don’t think you can use Soundhax anyway. Please open System Setting and look for the exact version number.

b) Maybe right click and “Save as” works on the link below. Seems your browser is trying to play the exploit file – but the file does not contain any audio data).

or try a different browser on the Soundhax page.

c) You will only need boot.3dsx – unless you want to build it from source yourself – or even start development. (In addition to that boot.3dsx is also included in the latest Luma package).

Good luck.

Yes, sorry ive just found the 9.0.0-20E on that link, (before i was trying to find number 2 then 0 in the next box, but i had to find number 20 in the same box!:shy: )

Also, For the soundhax link i tried another browser(internet explorer) as you said, and i was able to download that file:), THANKYOU, (before i was using firefox and it wasnt showing), now with all the files downloaded ill start the installing process... hoping to succeed

Last edited by zubz19,

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone recommend what size micro sd card i should use for this process? i currently have a 32gb kingston, a 128gb sandisk, a 8gb (no company?), and a 4 gb Toshiba which came with the 3ds; which one is the best?, or should i buy a particular company/size micro sd? or can i do it on any? just asking so i dont use the wrong size micro sd, and so i dont have to be in a hassle moving system files later on to bigger micro sd if i dowload lots of games (once i successfuly install the cfw)

Last edited by zubz19,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and so i dont have to be in a hassle moving system files later on to bigger micro sd if i dowload lots of games (once i successfuly install the cfw)
just use the larger SD card just make sure before hand you format it to FAT32 with gui format or easeus or something similar

Reactions: Quantumcat

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick Help!

.. Ive just reached the "Finalizing setup" page and have downloaded the files and put everything on the micro sd card, and am right on "Section II - Updating the System", Under this there is a red box and then a blue box; Do i just ignore this part? because its not applicable to me, is that right?

Next under the blue box it says:

"1.Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”"

The question is do i need to connect my 3ds to the internet to do this update? or system updates without connection? i just tried and it showed error as its not connected, I thought you not meant to connect to internet for this update because nintendo could block you etc? am i right? what shall i do from here? thankyou

Last edited by zubz19,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Help!

.. Ive just reached the "Finalizing setup" page and have downloaded the files and put everything on the micro sd card, and am right on "Section II - Updating the System", Under this there is a red box and then a blue box; Do i just ignore this part? because its not applicable to me, is that right?

Next under the blue box it says:

"1.Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”"

The question is do i need to connect my 3ds to the internet to do this update? or system updates without connection? i just tried and it showed error as its not connected, I thought there was no need to connect to internet for this update because nintendo could block you etc? am i right? what shall i do from here? thankyou
The easiest method is to connect online and update. If it was unsafe, this step wouldn't exist.

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The easiest method is to connect online and update. If it was unsafe, this step wouldn't exist.

Quick help, i think am nearly there..

..Ive just updated the system on the Finalizing Setup page under: Section VIII - Backup Essential Files; am on step number 18: "power on your device" under there is "information and notes" and then 3 blue boxes then 5 green boxes.

Question is, have i completed the process?!:yay: what do i do now?! where can i get 3ds roms(cias?) from? best site? and where, which folder do i put those 3ds roms in? and where can i start the 3ds games from(the guide doesnt mention this), any other advice/recommendations will be really appreciated:)

thank you guys for all your help:) , youre the best:yaynds:

Last edited by zubz19,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You need to find games as cia files and install with FBI. Games in 3ds format can't be installed (though you can keep using your Sky3DS for these, or use GodMode9 to convert to cia form).

You can't ask where to find roms and we can't tell you.

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need to find games as cia files and install with FBI. Games in 3ds format can't be installed (though you can keep using your Sky3DS for these, or use GodMode9 to convert to cia form).

You can't ask where to find roms and we can't tell you.

oh, sorry for asking that. Is it as simple as copy and paste; drag and drop in the sd card after downloading the game? which folder do i put into? and it will be really appreciated if you can tell me the process with how to "install with FBI" ? sorry am not good in all this

Last edited by zubz19,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
oh, sorry for asking that. Is it as simple as copy and paste; drag and drop in the folder after downloading the game? which folder do i put into? and it will be really appreciated if you can tell me the process with how to "install with FBI" ? sorry am not good in all this
You will have used FBI while following https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup. You can put the cia file anywhere in the SD card, go into FBI, navigate to it and install it. If you still have trouble let me know and I can make a video this evening.

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You will have used FBI while following https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup. You can put the cia file anywhere in the SD card, go into FBI, navigate to it and install it. If you still have trouble let me know and I can make a video this evening.

ive gone into the FBI from the homebrew launcher and inside there are different files.. so i suppose the FBI is installed? and i can play the cia games from there? anyway it will be really kind of you to make a video, thankyou so much

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ive gone into the FBI from the homebrew launcher and inside there are different files.. so i suppose the FBI is installed? and i can play the cia games from there? anyway it will be really kind of you to make a video, thankyou so much
No you don't play games from there, you select a file (press A while the cursor is over it) then select install. It will appear on your home menu after that. You can play it from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr