Help with GB USB smart card 64m (gameboy color flashcart)

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by steve2606, Aug 25, 2010.

1. steve2606
    OP

Newcomer steve2606 Advanced Member

United States
    Hi there,

I know this forum is for GBA related topics, but there doesn't seem to be a Gameboy Color forum.

So I just got one of these flashcarts, and it all installed fine and I can load games on to it, but it only lets me put one game per page. This isn't that much of a problem, but I was under the impression that it was able to fit more on it.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

[​IMG]

It says that there is 30m free, and Kirby only takes 2m. So that makes me think that there's plenty of space left. But when I try adding another game to that page (metroid in this example) this happens:

[​IMG]

It asks if I want to overwrite the entire page, getting rid of the Kirby game.

So are these only able to carry two games at once? If so, that's fine, but I'd like to know if there is something I am missing. Maybe someone could explain how it works?

Thanks in advance.

2. thaddius

Member thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

Canada
    If you ordered from kitsch-bent they say in their smart card description that they'd be happy to help you with multirom support.

From what I read on them though is seems that you can only have one game per page that requires sav function. Shantae and Metroid both have sav function so that might be your problem. There are apparently a lot of GB games that don't require sav. Maybe try one of those on a page and see what happens?

3. steve2606
    OP

Newcomer steve2606 Advanced Member

United States
    I figured it out.

You have to add the files, then highlight all the games in the list using shift, then write it to the memory. [​IMG]

As far as saves go, the only downside is that the battery can only hold one save at a time, so you basically have to backup your save every time you turn the cartridge off. There is an option to do this in the program, which is great. I don't mind since I now don't have to use the originals anymore. [​IMG]

(Also the battery is a great plus, since you can just pull it out and click a new one in without any soldering)