Help with GameFAQs saves.

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Heran Bago, Nov 17, 2007.

Nov 17, 2007

Help with GameFAQs saves. by Heran Bago at 3:10 AM (3,372 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Heran Bago
    OP

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Sonic and Mario at the Olympic games has kinda fun multiplayer, but fuck single player. I wanted to unlock all the games without any work so I grabbed a save.

I went to GameFAQs for one. There are two:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/save/938798.html

They're not normal saves, so I had to grab a "Datel Wii Power Save." the file extension is .wii.

So I put it on my SD card. It needs to be /private/wii/title/????/data.bin where ???? is the game code.
    But wow, gamefaqs doesn't say the game code.

I don't have a disc image around so I opened the save in a hex editorcomparing it to my backed up mario galaxy save.
    The two are completely different. The one from gamefaqs doesn't even list the game code in the save file!

Also, there's no such thing as a Datel Wii Power Save. It's a fictional device that's only mentioned on GameFAQs. Try to find one on eBay or in stores.

So these saves are fakes right? Technically they're structured way different than normal wii saves. Otherwise I'm just retarded and can NOT transfer this save to my wii.

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  3. Heran Bago
    OP

United States
    Thanks a bunch!
    That' s really stupid though... Why not just use the system native format if you have an SD card?

4. samnoon93

Newcomer samnoon93 Member

United Kingdom
    There are Datel Power Saves, I have one myself.
    I don't know why that save file is so weird, try renaming the extension.

5. Heran Bago
    OP

United States
    Tried it. Doesn't work. Even if it was the same format (compare it to normal saves in a hex editor) I can't find the game code anyway.

6. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    well, i think you might be able to find one on wiisave.com

7. [S]aber

Newcomer [S]aber Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I can tell you the gamecode is RWSE. Thing is, Mario & Sonics gamesave is locked, so you can't transfer it to the SD Card from within the Wii save menu. I have no idea how those "Power saves" are being put on SD card from within the Wii. I did post something on Wiinewz about some way to "unlock" those saves that are locked.

However! I do have something that can convert those save files from .wii to .bin =)

I tried it with some power saves, and it works. I did notice that "(AR MAX)" is being added to the game title, so I guess Datel found out how to edit the save data.

I have uploaded the save for you:

http://shana-tan.com/data.bin

Gamecode is RWSE.

Enjoy [​IMG]

Edit: There's an Action Replay for the Wii, I forgot. I guess .wii is AR MAX format.

8. ProdigySim

Member ProdigySim GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You know, you could just MAKE A save file, copy it to your SD card, and read it on the PC to find the game code. Probably a lot less work than trying to find it elsewhere.

9. epu708

Member epu708 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    what program is it?
    mind if u upload it?
    thx

10. beastlove

Newcomer beastlove Newbie

United States
    thank for the file. I had the same problem as Heran Bago. Only problem is that I cannot use my Mii characters with this save game file. Any ideas?

My wii is PAL btw

11. [S]aber

Newcomer [S]aber Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Prodigy, you can't copy those save files to your SD card. That's the whole point.