Menacie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right here's the scenario, I've installed a Xeno GC modchip on my Gamecube and it works fine, as I tested Prince of Persia: Warrior Within out and it worked fine, no DRE's, nothing.

Now, I try making back ups with Verbatim Mini DVD-RW, Verbatim DVD-R, and DataWrite DVD-R and Tesco DVD+R.
I've wasted around 15 discs and no backups work, I've tried all sorts of programs like IMGBurn, Nero, CloneDVD, Alcohol 120% etc.

Any ideas?

Menacie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poop, shame I don't use eBay.
frown.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, here are a couple things you can try:

1) different better media like g04 or g05 from ritek.
2) I'm not sure what firmwares xeno uses but the viper chips have gcos and original cobra bios to try with different media compatibility
3) Adjust the pot and get it within the right specs

FYI, I've never had a DRE and I've only used ritek g05s on backups with nero on the latest cobra bios. And I did adjust the pot while I was installing the chip. It's not rocket science if you know how to use a multimeter/fluke meter.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was thinking if the Wii will accept anyway GC discs but will have a larger drive slot capable of standard sized dvds then with the right mod it would be easier to play GC backups on the Wii, and also cheaper since standard sized dvss are cheaper, am I right ?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I was thinking if the Wii will accept anyway GC discs but will have a larger drive slot capable of standard sized dvds then with the right mod it would be easier to play GC backups on the Wii, and also cheaper since standard sized dvss are cheaper, am I right ?

You´re right. But I don´t think that find the right MOD would be that easy.

@Menacie- Are you burning at low speed? You should not burn faster that 2X.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I use full-size Verbatim +Rs. I had to tweak my laser though. Try G04s first if possible (G05s never worked at all for me).

[Jez]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have a decent burner, my Pioneer 111d + verbatim minis = everything I burn plays on my GC with a xeno installed. Also try EVERYTHING else before tweaking the pot

mcsquared

Trophies
XP
Country
well i always used to use datawrite full size, never had a prob, now i use mini dvd-rs 4 for a quid from poundland, work great, no probs and dont have to bother taking the lid off. waiting for fifa 07 to appear tho so i can 'test' it:(

V

vancitypimp

Get a better burned and burn games at the lowest settings. Do a scan of your burned disks using Nero CD-SPEED or DVDInfo Pro for PI/PO errors. If you get results below 95, then it means it will have trouble being read in GCN.

Menacie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got 3 Traxdata Mini DVD-R's today with G04 Dye, burned Paper Mario and Super Monkey Ball, no problem, I'll let you know if my 3rd burn goes successful, shame these Traxdata mini dvd-r's are a pain in the arse to find in the UK.

mcsquared

Trophies
XP
Country
get yourself to poundland mate, 4 for a quid of johnny no name 4x mini dvd-r for camcorders, works great on my GC and not 1 bad burn or error yet. worth trying for a quid

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You may have to tweak the laser. I have a q00b modchip in mine but mine only reads the minis datawrite reds, ridata and budget (Only the orangy ones the yellow ones are total crap). How are you burning the games? Are you using Nero to burn them? The .GCN files I always check to see if they need panning out (Can't remember the name of the program) if you don't nero throws up an error.

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ritek G04s? I have heaps of them, most of my games are them anyway.

But yeah, you got to tweak your POT, it helps alot, and you could extend your laser's durability too which is beneficial. It's about 180-210 ohms that you have to set it to, but I followed this site:

http://modthatcube.pxn-os.com/main.htm

It should help you.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: