Help with Gameboy Advanced Games Converted to .cia

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by greenDarkness555, Dec 7, 2016.

1. greenDarkness555
    OP

greenDarkness555 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    Hello,
    I followed this guide ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/ ) on building .cias in hopes of porting a modified version of Pokemon Fire Red to the 3DS. This hack specifically. ( https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=285094 )

After I built the .cia, I installed it with FBI, and it seemed to work fine. I tested to see if I could save and it gave me an error saying it was unable to save. Does anyone know what might have caused this?
    Thank you.

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    did you patch the rom to use SRAM saving? it might be using a non-supported save type

3. greenDarkness555
    OP

greenDarkness555 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    I did patch the SRAM. I made two .cias. A patched version, and an non-patched version.

4. BelmontSlayer

BelmontSlayer Pokémon Princess

May 11, 2006
    Thailand
    Memememe Island
    I've done a lot of custom gba vc injects and this looks very cool, let me see if I can get it to work.

EDIT: Check your PMs. I got it to work, it still show the "save is corrupted, previous save will be loaded" message. But saving works properly now, tested on n3DS XL 11.2 A9LH Luma v6.6.

I applied the FireRed AGB_FIRM Save .ips patch from here and then applied the full Pokemon Throwback .ips patch. Created a footer with 3ds_gbaftrgen.exe and then built the custom VC .cia with 3ds_simple_gba_conv.exe.

Last edited by BelmontSlayer, Dec 8, 2016
    greenDarkness555 likes this.