Help with fresh install (I think I messed up my IOS)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hobozombie, Mar 23, 2014.

1. hobozombie
    OP

hobozombie Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2014
    United States
    So, I was having issues with my newly softmodded Wii (every game booted from my USB hard drive would freeze after a minute or so), so I looked up possible solutions. I tried updating the IOS's via tutorials for d2x and Herme's IOS, but I think I made a mistake, and installed to slot that I wasn't supposed to (the guide said to use that slot to launch it, but I misunderstood it). Now, my previously working NeoGamma, USB Loader GX, etc are non functioning. I try to open them, then I am booted back to my Wii menu.

So that leads to my question, how do I go about reverting those changes? I figured the easiest way would to be going through the steps I originally took to softmod my Wii. Is this correct? I softmodded it trhough HackMii, then the HBC and BootMii, then installed Priiloader and WiiMod, then finally install USB Launcher GX, NeoGamma, etc. What steps should I take to reset my IOS's to the way the were before I tried updating them with d2x and Herme's IOS?

2. cracker

cracker Nyah!

Aug 24, 2005
    United States
    If you know what cios was errantly overwritten then reinstall it with the cios installer. There shouldn't be a need for redoing everything.