help with ez flash 3in1 with sakura

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by meanz, Jul 9, 2008.

Jul 9, 2008
  1. meanz
    OP

Newcomer meanz Newbie

United States
    i dont know why but sakura is not detecting my gba expansion card (ez flash V 3in1), i notice this when sakura is loading. i know for a fact that i have the new chiped card yet dont know if this might be the problem.

there is one way the card works, when doing the following every time
    1) load m3 real and load gba exploader
    2) select in ram and auto reboots
    3) card is now detected by sakura and can now load gba game
    if these steps are not done, the loading of a gba game just freeze at "gameboy" screen

is there a way for it to auto detect the card every time i bootup my ds in sakura?

2. The Keeganator

Newcomer The Keeganator Member

Australia
    M3 Sakura doesn't support the 3-in-1, you have to use GBA Exploader.

3. meanz
    OP

Newcomer meanz Newbie

United States
    will it be compatible later??? because if you follow the steps it is possible to use the ez flash 3in1 card with sakura. it seems that this card is popular but nothing is being done to make it compatible!

4. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    i believe there are only 2 flashcards directly compatible with the ez-flash 3 in 1.
    i think the ez-flash team kinda wants to keep the way it works a secret.

m3sakura can recognize the PS-ram in the ez-flash as valid GBA/ram expansion, if you set it to ram-mode in GBA exploader.

5. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Secret? Really?
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11939
    I guess source code isn't enough to make it "not secret"...?

M3 made their own expansion packs and want people to buy them (or, maybe I should say got someone else to re-badge their expansion.) Why would they want an OS that is meant to be unique for their cards that directly supports someone else's products when they'd rather sell their own equivalent? Seriously, M3/gbalpha even goes so far as to make 3 separate regions of hardware and prevent software from one region to work on their identical products from a different region via softlocking (which I still see as bloody ridiculous for a 3rd party product.)

As to making it work directly, I suppose the eWin soft unlock or detect could be replaced by the complete non-secret public stuff from EZ - it'd just be a matter of hacking it in there, whether it would play well with whatever patcher m3 made up is another story entirely...

6. marational

Newcomer marational Advanced Member

Canada
    How do you get Sakura to auto reboot after selecting Expansion RAM in ExpLoader?

Mine always black screens after that.