Help with extracting/rebuilding

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by keridian, Sep 28, 2010.

Sep 28, 2010
  1. keridian
    OP

Newcomer keridian Newbie

United States
    Hi!
    I like to insert custom music in Bleach: Versus Crusade since I can convert the sound files back and forth. I have Trucha, with a common key, Wiiscrubber and a lot of other utilities, although I cannot customize my iso. I have customizing experience with PS2, but Wii is something else. My sound files all converted, ready for insert. Please someone help me. I really like to add the original musics from the anime [​IMG]

PS:
    In Trucha, the newer file must be equal or smaller than the older one. Well, my sound files are larger, this means approx. +80MB in the iso if I succeed. I need a good guide of how is this extracting/rebuilding thing works. I read a few, but I barely got any success. So a guide from start to end is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    dont use trucha signer. it is outdated.

the easiest way to do this is with wit. this line will extract the entire contents of the game to a folder called "game_extracted"...
    wit COPY "game.iso" "game_extracted" --fst

then just dig around in the folder for a subfolder called "files" replace all the music you want to ( no size limitations ). and when youre done, you can create a complete game from these using the reverse command to wit...
    wit COPY "game_extracted" "game_with_new_music.iso"

this will spit out a iso with all your music in it

3. keridian
    OP

Newcomer keridian Newbie

United States
    Thank you for the fast answer. Yes, it did work very well. Bleach now works like a charm with my custom musics. WIT is a simple way to process Wii ISO, still complex on the other hand. I like it much more than Trucha [​IMG] Thanks again.