Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't want too sound too desperate, but I am. You see, a certain person I... like... gave me a Wii of a friend of her's to softmod it for her. It's a breeze, I told myself. Well, modding is easy. But the problem is that, somehow, the internal button that makes the Wii eject the disc has unsoldered from the hardware, making it impossible to eject the disc. It wouldn't be so problematic if I could only get the copy of Mario Kart Wii out of the console. If I can't get Zelda inside, I can't softmod it and thus can't use the software ejection homebrew.

I'm not able to fully unmount the console because I don't have a damn Tri-wing screwdiver. I've managed to unmoun the faceplate with a knife, but that's it. Is there ANY manual way I can get that disc unstuck? I couldn't care less about her friend, but, to be honest, I don't want to let my friend down.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
olliepop2000 said:
Carefully short the contacts where the microswitch was. I take it you got the wii broken or did you do it lol

That's what I did. After much messing around with it, I discovered that either putting that loose piece back into its place or touching the area where it was caused the game to be ejected. Got Mario Kart out, Zelda in, HBC on. And that's it. I'm using the DVD Ejector homebrew to get it out. I don't care, since I'll be switching to USB Loader in the near future.

PS: No, trust me, I was EXTREMELY careful when handling the Wii
tongue.gif
I'm sure she (or him, when he gave it to her) bumped it into something and that made the piece get loose. I'll resolder it tomorrow, I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol