Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys. I'm in the mood for a new toy so I've decided on upgrading on my Motorola RAZR V3 I currently have to something shinier. I'd like to keep some of the same features as the RAZR, such as being able to convert my own mp3's into ringtones and add my own wallpapers but I'd like to toss micro sd storage into the mix. It's such a pain that the memory on my RAZR keeps getting filled up so quickly and I've got a couple of spare sd's kicking around I could easily use. Could someone please recommend some phones to me and provide some links to them if possible as well. Any personal input on each model would be greatly appreciated. Still surfing thru Yahoo and eBay right now hoping to find the phone I want. So many to choose from
tongue.gif

~Fitzy~

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've owned a Motorola RAZR, flimsy crap, IMO.
I'm sitting on the bed, my brother tosses it to me, I miss it - RAZR lands on the bed and the screen cracks >:|

Unless you've got a lot of clients and need help organizing, just buy a phone that you can make phone calls and text with.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've owned a Motorola RAZR, flimsy crap, IMO.
I'm sitting on the bed, my brother tosses it to me, I miss it - RAZR lands on the bed and the screen cracks >:|

Unless you've got a lot of clients and need help organizing, just buy a phone that you can make phone calls and text with.

Not really into organization or anything like that. Just looking for a phone with a camera/video cam built in that allows me to use my own ringtones and wallpapers. Also needs to have micro sd storage as an option.

Sorry about your phone bud. My old cell phone fell out of a car when I was coming home from a club once...it didn't survive.

~Fitzy~

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a standard flip-phone, I would recommend the Samsung Sync (A707). Gorgeous screen, MicroSD slot, great tactile keypad, and you should be able to pick it up pretty cheap with service (0-30USD).

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest the K or W series of sony erricsson phones.
I own a W800/W810 and I love them both to death.
Brilliant phones.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my Motorola W490 does all that and it's rather shiny. The camera isn't that great but it works pretty well. It's also getting a bit hackable, such as allowing Opera Mini and Google Maps to work without hindrance, and you can put java apps on the phone by just dropping them onto a MicroSD card. If you want you can apparently replace it's FW with that of the W510. I haven't tried any hacks yet though so I dunno how well they work.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Best phone in the world,
Most sold electronic "thing" in the world,
Ladies and getnlemen, Nokia 1100

125px-Nokia1100_new.jpg

(has best Snake on it too!, bet you cant beat my record)

one of the best electronic devices I ever owned.
its fast, doing its job well, doesnt get you involved with Symbian shit.
its good damn cool.

plus, if you get it, you can use my collection of my-own-made ringtones too, varying from Rabbit in your headlights of radiohead to Victory theme of Final Fantasy.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest the K or W series of sony erricsson phones. I own a W800/W810 and I love them both to death. Brilliant phones.
They are fantastic phones indeed, I'm reallly impressed at the amount of things that Sony phones let you do. The one thing that bugs me though is the automatic screen power down on the W810i. The phone looks like it's turned off when idle, so you have to remember to press a key every now and then to wake the display up to check if you've missed a message. If you don't use your phone much and aren't used to checking it it'll drive you insane if you're out of the room when it rings.

Sony phones take a different memory card (Sony MemoryStick ProDuo), but bear in mind any phone you buy will probably come with one in the box. Well, mine did anyway
smile.gif

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
ive had a razr and it broke aswell but id recomend a Samsung U600, it has a 3.5 megapixel camera and its thinner than a Motorola Razr
happy.gif
its got large standard memory and an expandable memory slot although it only takes a micro SD
happy.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... My brother has a T-Mobile SDA.

Unluckily, I'm stuck with the RAZR. I don't like it.
nyanya.gif

You could get the SDA. Uses MiniSD, and the OS is similar to Windows XP.
It's gonna cost a pretty penny though.
rolleyes.gif

~Nero

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Knew I'd forgotten something, there were 3 sites I found really useful when picking a phone: Your Mobile Phone Reviews, Mobile Phones UK and Mobile-Review.com. Ignore the ratings (some idiots vote before the phones are even released) but if you don't mind a bit of reading they're a great insight into what users really think and any tiny issues they encounter.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Sony Ericsson w580i for Christmas and I love it. I mean, being a Sony phone, it's going to have some gay proprietary format like Memory Stick Micro, but meh. Just go to http://myxertones.com/ best. ringtone/wallpaper site. ever. Free. Make your own. amazing. just check it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...