Hacking help with deciding best method of hacking for what i want to do

GoldAnthro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally decided to get back to modding my "old model" 3DSXL (though honestly due to a defective gateway red flashcard that I got scammed from I never really started much). I made sure that i bought the old 3sx from a retail store (this was in early 2015 btw), and found out I was on an exploitable firmware and successfully downgraded to 4.x successfully via the ds profile exploit. I have looked through a lot of documents now and it appears i have quite a few options (CFW, emunands, etc). What I would ideally like to do is both be able to have the option of online play, but also not have to upgrade the sysnand to do it. sort of like duel boot (if that's possible) or to go one step further, just straight out be able to play backups online (ala original wii). I am not sure whether a flashcard will be needed for what i want. If it is I'd also like to know of card re-seller based in usa with affordable prices (some s sites have the prices jacked up), thanks in advance :)

bitjacker

GBAtemp Disorderly
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or stay on 4x so as not to brick your 3ds. you can have seperate sdcards if you want a couple of different emunands.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or stay on 4x so as not to brick your 3ds. you can have seperate sdcards if you want a couple of different emunands.

9.2 with Menuhax 2.0 is way better than 4.x with mset and updating to 9.2 is safe and easy as long as you can follow a 3 steps guide guide without fucking it up.

It isn't like the recent downgrades were a few people bricked for no apparent reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr