GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was reading the sticky, but I'm not quite sure if that guide will work for my EZ Flash IV card. I'm using the card on an actual GBA, not as a slot 2 for DS, and even after charging it overnight (with the GBA turned on), it still won't save games. Will changing the battery require soldering? If so, is it something a novice with a basic iron can handle easily?

Thanks

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overman1977 said:

You did read my post, right?
mellow.gif

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You will have to solder one for GBA flashcarts or try the tape method. The tape method is kinda harder to apply to those with tabs that are 180 degrees, it gets hard to wrap the tape around the battery for a 2nd or 3rd pass when you try.

I use a thin one, it might only last 2 years but getting the shell off and on to replace them is easier for those. I use the last one for all lite sized flashcarts. Digikey will only ship batteries by UPS only so you might want to buy at least 10 batteries or more.

CR-2016^F2N_sml.jpg

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch...mp;name=P222-ND

BR2032-1F2_sml.jpg

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch...mp;name=P223-ND

CR-1220-1FCE_sml.jpg

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch...mp;name=P279-ND

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, man. Umm...I have a simple soldering iron, and I've done some mild work in the past on my electric guitars, but that's about the extent of my experience. Is the area where the battery is soldered to easy to clean, as far as old solder goes? I don't want to wreck anything, of course.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
buy some stuff at radioshack to pactice soldering and desoldering on before doing the actual flashcart. You will also want to get a fine point tip for the soldering iron while your at it since the contacts on the flashcart are small and you don't want to desolder other stuff by accident.

You can lift the battery tab when you liquified the solder contact, if you do it slowly enough you can reuse that solder to attach the new battery in some cases if there is enough there. The EZ-Flash IV uses tabs that tapper into pins, you can desolder from the side and lift it slowly until it seperates from the PCB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.