Help with creating Game Loader Channels on a vWii side of the Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by iOS ID, Jan 27, 2016.

1. iOS ID
    OP

iOS ID Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    United States
    I’m trying to create a GAME LOADER CHANNEL FORWARDER for the Wii games that are on my SD CARD (on the Wii U - vWii). I’m using WiiGSC to create the WAD files, but the forwarders always point to the USB drive. I tried different options (WiiFlow, USB loader, etc...), but none of them will launch the games. Does anyone have any experience in successfully creating game forwarders that point to the SD card? I've spent hours in creating wads, installing them, testing, rebooting, deleting! :cry::cry::cry:

[​IMG]

My games are located in a WBFS folder on my 128GB SD card. I’m using WiiFlow to successfully launch them, but I would love to be able to launch them directly from the vWii menu.

Thank you in advance

2. lonemoonHD

lonemoonHD a spirit lost in thought, and perhaps so much more

Dec 31, 2015
    one you could never tell for sure
    Have you tried streaming the file instead? :o

3. iOS ID
    OP

iOS ID Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    United States
    No, I never even heard of streaming a file. :huh: Is there a tutorial on how to do it? Any help would be appreciated.

4. lonemoonHD

lonemoonHD a spirit lost in thought, and perhaps so much more

Dec 31, 2015
    one you could never tell for sure
    Well, TCPGecko uses something called a TCP connection to stream files from the Wii U to PC, since there wasn't a proper kernel exploit (they had their own private one) when they developed it. You might try to look it up, but I don't think it will be helpful, more like an interesting read. :P

5. iOS ID
    OP

iOS ID Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    United States
    Thank you

6. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    TCPGecko is only for the wii u side, but the OP wants to use the game channels on the vWii side. I think you have to convert the WAD to make it compatible. Search for Convert2vWii.

7. iOS ID
    OP

iOS ID Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    United States
    Yes, I used Convert2vWii and I can easily create game channels that will load from USB, but none of them will load from the SD CARD. That's where my dilemma is. I need them to load from the SD Card.