Help with converting chinese to english

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by basilisk900, Aug 25, 2007.

1. basilisk900
    OP

basilisk900 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    The patch that converts chinese into english isn't working. When I run the patch, and enter the file name, the program just closes. For the file name, I entered as _DS_Menu.dat. Anyone help me please? I'm following the directions from here http://ehsia.com/nintendo-ds/howto/r4-chinese-english.

2. basilisk900
    OP

basilisk900 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    I also failed to notice the info.db file. Where can the file be found?

3. roguetrip

roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2007
    United States
    You need to make a copy of _DS_MENU.DAT and drop it in the folder with the patch and info.db, then run the program and follow the steps. After it patches then you can make a bakup of the original _DS_MENU.DAT (like _DS_MENU.BAK.DAT) and move to modified one back over. Then copy all the files to the root of the SD card.

4. dizzydee

dizzydee Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2007
    I was having the same problem, found this already patched, works great for me. http://www.mediafire.com/?3zyxwgvsnid

hope it helps,Dee [​IMG] Forgot to mention, all thanks to Halders, who patched it and then gave out this link.

5. basilisk900
    OP

basilisk900 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    my main problem right now is locating the info.db file. I don't see it anywhere.

6. dizzydee

dizzydee Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2007
    All i did was completey remove everything from my r4 , then just copied over all the new files from Halders patched file, its updated it, plus has converted from chinese to english, everythings on there, that should be, sorry i cant help you anymore, as im an oldie learning myself, and i dont understand all the techie stuff.

7. roguetrip

roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2007
    United States
    its only needed to patch the _DS_MENU.DAT, it doesn't go on the SD card.

8. fearofblood

fearofblood Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2007
    United States
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice