Help with Colecovision Emulator Please

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Pyrate02, Oct 2, 2009.

Oct 2, 2009
  1. Pyrate02
    OP

Member Pyrate02 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi all:

I downloaded the Colecovision emulator through the wiibrowser and it installed to the apps folder. It also installed to the root of the SD card a folder called roms, with a subfolder in it called colroms or something like that. From the instructions, I believe the roms go into the subfolder. I put roms there, but when starting the emulator, no games show up. Does anyone know if I am doing something wrong?

The roms were .col files and I tried files from two different sources, but none of them showed up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Can anyone help this member out?

3. Pyrate02
    OP

Member Pyrate02 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Despite no help from anyone, I got the colecovision emulator working. For anyone else who might have this problem, you have to download the colecovision bios - rename it as per the instructions, and .rom files. All of the roms I previously found were .col files, which do not work with this emulator.

4. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The current state of Colem is kind of garbage....I hate to say. If you can compile, the latest SVN version of SMSPlusGX now supports Colecovision. I ran the idea by Eke-eke over at Tehskeen, and he actually implemented it quite quickly. It is the best Colecovision emulation you can find on the Wii right now...actually it is damn near perfect.