Help with CIOS

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by afnuke, Jul 8, 2009.

Jul 8, 2009

Help with CIOS by afnuke at 12:36 AM (452 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. afnuke
    OP

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay guys.....Ive got a chipped wii and Ive never had problems running anything, and havent messed with HBC in over 2 months. I got a friend in a forum in desperate need of some help. I've decided Im a little out of touch with some of the new programs out and I know you guys are super smart with this. He has HBC installed, all apps run fine except one...backup loader. It gives an error "cios" required. I dont want to give any bad advice, so can you help. I dont have HBC now (had to get a new wii) but I THINK he has to install a wad. Isnt it wadmanager that does this? and what is the newest cios thats needed? Thanks in advance.

2. SherlockHolmeboy

Member SherlockHolmeboy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Well, basically what your friend needs is Waninkoko's cIOS38 Rev 13b, which can be found his blog: www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko . It's in spanish, so use Google Translate. [​IMG] If he/she has an Interwebs connection to his/her Wii, they can run this through the HBC and use Network Install to download the proper IOS from NUS, but if not, they will need ios38-64-v3610.wad . I won't tell you where to find that, but Google is your friend. [​IMG] After this is done, your friend will have cIOS! [​IMG]

EDIT: Forgot to mention that they will also need an IOS capable of fakesigning. If they have updated to 4.0 via Nintendo, follow this guide: http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php...&p=327#p327 Do NOT do this on an LU64 Wii!