help with cios, patching ios70

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by farcry15, Dec 28, 2009.

Dec 28, 2009
  1. farcry15
    OP

Member farcry15 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok so far i've got the HBCinstalled and downgraded ios 16 to patch ios36 to restore the trucha bug with gp dop ios v9.
    i tried installing cios but it failed because i didn't delete the stub i assume. so my plan is to go into wad manager and delete ios249, then proceed to install cios rev16. this should be safe because i'm not touching sytem ios's right?

second i need to patch ios70 to allow preloader to be installed. this is the part that worries me because i'm redownloading and patching the system ios. how safe is this process?

finally i would like to install preloader before i try to play any games or anything bu once again, what is he risk of bricking? i plan to use preloader .29 JODI version, but it seems that it's meant for 4.0 because it patches ios60 which is a stub for me. does it know to patch ios70 on 4.2 or should i just use preloader .30? i want to use the least buggy which i am told is .29

sorry, i'm just paranoid about modding my wii

2. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If you couldn't install cios249 or hermes 222 it's because 36 isn't properly patched, not because of stubs.

I would just follow the guide, step by step. Everything you have done so far can be redone without any damage.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

If you follow the guide you end up with Priiloader installed which works perfectly and is better than the .29 JODI version of Preloader anyway.

3. Blasingame

Newcomer Blasingame Advanced Member

United States
    You should never have to delete a IOS. Deleting an IOS is a sure fire way to brick your Wii. [​IMG]

4. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Deleting 249 wouldn't brick your Wii as it's not meant to be there anyway, but yeah otherwise I totally agree, don't uninstall anything!

5. farcry15
    OP

United States
    i'm not interested in priiloader because i've been told that it has many issues such as wiimotes not syncing, and somebody who tried it 2 different times and got a brick, he was lucky enough to have bootmii as boot2. i don't have bootmii as boot2 so i can't afford mess it up.

6. farcry15
    OP

United States
    alright i now have all cios installed, i just need to patch ios70 so i can install preloader or priiloader. am i safe to do this so long as i'm just replacing it and not removing it?