OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

This has absolutely nothing to do with gaming, but figured I would ask anyway.
I am looking to get a couple of business suits or really nice, professional dress attire for job interviews and internship interviews.
I dont have a lot of money, Im a 22 yr old college student who works at a crappy job. So I was looking at the mens wearhouse at a couple of decently priced items.

So here is where I need the help, I have no fashion sense. So I am hoping that by describing myself, people can give me an idea or direction to take in regards to suit/dress styles and colors to match my profile.

I am 5' 11", about 145lbs to 150lbs.
I have light blue eyes, and a light olive complection.
I just got my ponytail cut off and have a shorter messy hair style.
I have a slight muscular build with fairly broad shoulders.
I can post a pic, or describe further if necessary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I graduate in about a year, and hope to get in intership soon. Living in Atlanta, there are a lot of ppl who want the same positions as I do, so I want to look sharp.
My main concerns are what style of suit/attire should i get, what color, and what are some decent sites and places to get them.

Thanks again,
Suppachipmunk

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ Yep. My grandma shops there, and she tends to look dressed like a 30 year old that you'd see on the streets of Paris or Berlin. And she's all like "My whole outfit costed five dollars."

If you want to look ultra chic, another option could be to buy/order from Urban Outfitters.

Daemon.nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beyond Salvation Army, another place to check out is Goodwill. But since you're in ATL, just go down to Little Five Points and check out the consignment shops/thrift stores there. There should be a thrift store right there at the intersection of Moreland and Euclid. Within walking distance, there should also be a Rag-O-Rama on Euclid. Those ones in L5P will be pricier than generic thrift stores like Salvation Army or Goodwill, but they'll also be more hip.

For ideas, I'd recommend checking out the sites of fashionable designer labels like Calvin Klein, Armani, Polo Ralph Lauren, Perry Ellis, etc. Get ideas from the way those dudes are wearing their clothes, then go buy similar items elsewhere. If you decide to just buckle down and plop down some cash for a sharp outfit, Macy's would fit the bill. Good luck with the interview.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just curious, what job do you work for? I mean if its so crappy; do you have what it takes to advance yourself?

suppachipmunk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies.

Day By Day, I will have to check out those stores as well. I go to school downtown. Was there all day today, but didnt read this til it was too late.
frown.gif

Damn summer semester and taking 15 credit hours. The days are too long, 12 hour days at school typically.

Cannonbeat, I actually work at W@lm@rt. I somewhat have the skills to advance, but they want an open availability to advance to management there. I'm out of the running since I am a full time student. And I dont like the way the company treats their employees as a whole. One of my assistant managers was recently fired for unjust reasons. He was pretty much the hardest worker in the entire store. They use u and abuse u.
frown.gif

I am going to keep on looking till I get at least one or two suits.

On another note, the first interview with the company I was applying with went well. The second one not so well as the only manager on shift couldnt directly interview me, so I had to wait for someone else to interview me, and gotta go back for the 3rd interview.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs