Help with burned PAL game on US wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by itsreggo, Nov 18, 2008.

Nov 18, 2008
  1. itsreggo
    OP

Newcomer itsreggo Newbie

United States
    Hi, I recently attempted to burn copies of Wii Music on Verbatim DVD-R 16x disc's on 2x, 3x, 4x, and 6x. With each try I got the same result. The video would kind of roll off of the screen. You can see the game works, and it does play with the video like that, but what is causing it? I tried forcing NTSC on all of those copies and it just gives me a green screen and nothing else. And, even though it doesn't make sense, I tried forcing PAL60 or PAL50 and no luck. VIDTV patch doesn't help. I'm running Backup Loader version 0.3 gamma and IOS249. This is the first game I'm trying after softmodding. Any suggestions?

2. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Nintendo doesn't officially support PAL output from NTSC consoles.

However, PAL is just inaccessible by legit means. The systems are capable via homebrew.

If you have a PAL capable TV, PAL games can be run in their original video mode with the backup loader.

3. spectral

spectral Newbie

Its doing this because your TV can't handle a 50hz signal. There is no solution other than forcing 60hz but since you tried that and the game wont load theres nothing else to try as far as I know. Your best bet would be to download the US version.

4. itsreggo
    OP

Newcomer itsreggo Newbie

United States
    Oh, alright then. Guess I'll stick to NTSC from now on lol Thanks for the fast replies [​IMG]

5. kytran

Member kytran GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    thats weird cause all my games are PAL running on a Canadian WII [​IMG]
    maybe ours are advanced [​IMG]

all i gotta do it FORCE NTSC so it doesn't come out black and white.

and i've tried my 42inch LCD and my CRT 21 inch ( 8 years old screen )

im sitting on 20 PAL Backups no problem

6. spectral

spectral Newbie

The problem is the particular game he is trying isn't booting when he forces NTSC. The reason yours is black and white is because your TV can handle a 50hz signal but not the pal signal. Forcing NTSC obviously fixes this but is of no use if the game wont boot in NTSC.

7. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Look for the NTSC versions of games when possible.

If you try to play a PAL game that can't be forced NTSC, you'll need a different TV.