Help with Browserhax Orange Screen Freeze (N3DS 9.5.0.22U)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Gatrie, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Gatrie
    OP

Gatrie Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    Hi everybody, long time lurker on this site and first time poster, I could really use a hand debugging what's going when trying to use Browserhax. I know it rarely ever works the first try, but I've been at this for almost a day now and don't know how many more google searches I have in me.

I've used Browserhax before on an O3DS, but I keep getting stuck on the orange screen with my N3DS. I've done everything from setting the date back, changing themes (which I don't have any installed anyway), re-formatting my SD card and starting fresh, using a different SD Card, etc.

I'm not sure what information you might need to help resolve this, but most of the solutions I've seen in past threads relate to turning off Themes which isn't my issue. I also have the correct payload for my system version which doesn't seem to make a difference. I generally use the QR code to run the auto page for Browserhax, but I've tried going to the pages directly with no luck either - it always crashes at exactly the same moment so it must be something I set up wrong somehow?

Any feedback would be appreciated, and let me know if you need any specific information. I'm trying to downgrade to 9.2 and this is currently the only exploit I have available. Thanks!

2. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    You don't need any payloads installed manually. Those get installed automatically. Also, try disabling WiFi, opening the link, re-enable WiFi, then open the browser. If this fails, reinitialize the browser save data and try again. This is all I can really suggest. Oh, and changing your theme wouldn't help regardless as that only applies to menuhax, not browserhax.

Gatrie likes this.
  3. Gatrie
    OP

Gatrie Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    United States
    Hey Joom,
    I was afraid you were going to say that but thanks I will just continue trying and hopefully make some progress. At least this is better than typing it in a hundred times.
    Also, thanks for clarifying a few things, you can probably tell I don't *quite* know what I'm doing lol.