ROM Hack help with boxing villagers in animal crossing nf

Lokote2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im giving away villagers on a facebook group i have a cfw 3ds and im using a save editor so what im doing is im editing the villagers and making be all box up ready to leave so people can come to my town and make them movie in into there town. so once people have requested a villager to move into there town what do i have to do in order for the villager to be in peoples towns? because once there gone from my town i reload my back up save but i dont know if im suppose to do something before i reload my save??

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so im giving away villagers on a facebook group i have a cfw 3ds and im using a save editor so what im doing is im editing the villagers and making be all box up ready to leave so people can come to my town and make them movie in into there town. so once people have requested a villager to move into there town what do i have to do in order for the villager to be in peoples towns? because once there gone from my town i reload my back up save but i dont know if im suppose to do something before i reload my save??
Your going to want a hex editor to have on hand. There is a secure value in the garden_plus.dat that your going to want to change. You need the secure value of your most recent save. The first 8 bytes. 00 - 07 will have a value like
23 9F 1E 3F 17 CC 9A 33. There is a 01 for the 9th bit. But that seems to be there for every save.

You will take that number from the most recent save you make and place that at the beginning of the backup you have. Do make note that once you get that value, you cannot load that save until you use that particular one. Other wise the file will generate a new secure value and you will need to get the new one or you will get a message the file is corrupt and cannot be used.

Lokote2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your going to want a hex editor to have on hand. There is a secure value in the garden_plus.dat that your going to want to change. You need the secure value of your most recent save. The first 8 bytes. 00 - 07 will have a value like
23 9F 1E 3F 17 CC 9A 33. There is a 01 for the 9th bit. But that seems to be there for every save.

You will take that number from the most recent save you make and place that at the beginning of the backup you have. Do make note that once you get that value, you cannot load that save until you use that particular one. Other wise the file will generate a new secure value and you will need to get the new one or you will get a message the file is corrupt and cannot be used.
wait i dont understnd what is this for? why do i have to do this? what happens if i dont??

Lokote2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dont change that value your going to get a error message saying your save file cannot be used and it corrupt. Forcing you to make a new savefile.
when i reload my save i dont ever get that error message? i use jk save manger to backup and reload a save game file

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i reload my save i dont ever get that error message? i use jk save manger to backup and reload a save game file
Do you ever launch the game in between extracting the first save. making the edits you want and injecting that save back? If you dont, you wont get that error. But a backup will show it.

Lokote2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont need help with reloading my save mostly need help with the box villagers i dont know if i reload my save if the people will get there villagers idk if i have to do something before i rel
Do you ever launch the game in between extracting the first save. making the edits you want and injecting that save back? If you dont, you wont get that error. But a backup will show it.
so what i do is i got to jk save manger and i export the save then once im done with giving out the villagers then i go back to jk save manager and import the save i exported so ill have all the villagers back dont need help with reloading my save mostly need help with the box villagers i dont know if i reload my save if the people will get there villagers idk if i have to do something before i reload my save in order for people to get there villagers

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dont need help with reloading my save mostly need help with the box villagers i dont know if i reload my save if the people will get there villagers idk if i have to do something before i rel

so what i do is i got to jk save manger and i export the save then once im done with giving out the villagers then i go back to jk save manager and import the save i exported so ill have all the villagers back dont need help with reloading my save mostly need help with the box villagers i dont know if i reload my save if the people will get there villagers idk if i have to do something before i reload my save in order for people to get there villagers
When you load that file back, yes, the villagers you have at that time will still be there. And it also should not affect anyone else from getting their villager to move in that they choose.

Lokote2134

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you load that file back, yes, the villagers you have at that time will still be there. And it also should not affect anyone else from getting their villager to move in that they choose.
so i dont have to skip days for them to move out my town? people will still get there villager if i dont do that and just reload my save?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i dont have to skip days for them to move out my town? people will still get there villager if i dont do that and just reload my save?
No you dont, once your friend has spoken to the villager, its just them that needs to wait for the move process they do. You will be good to go with the next one thats wanted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c