Hacking Help with Blue screen + BOOTROM 8046 error + R4i Deluxe/3DSlink

8up

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, I come here for help with one problem that I have not see before.

I am a technician at a local computer store in Turkey and today I was ask to fix from 3 customer 3DS XL with pirate cards. 2 with 3DSlink and 1 with R4i Deluxe card.

On both monitors touch and 3D have the blue screen with white letters showing
BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE : 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

When I press any button nothing happen.
I do not know what is the version for console software but customer say that it happen when they starting to use the pirate card (so be from 4.1-4.5).

Should I send to nintendo reseller to RMA or is the high risk for detection of pirate card?
Can the problem fixed with software?

Thank you
Mehmet

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello all, I come here for help with one problem that I have not see before.

I am a technician at a local computer store in Turkey and today I was ask to fix from 3 customer 3DS XL with pirate cards. 2 with 3DSlink and 1 with R4i Deluxe card.

On both monitors touch and 3D have the blue screen with white letters showing
BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE : 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000008 00000000

When I press any button nothing happen.
I do not know what is the version for console software but customer say that it happen when they starting to use the pirate card (so be from 4.1-4.5).

Should I send to nintendo reseller to RMA or is the high risk for detection of pirate card?
Can the problem fixed with software?

Thank you
Mehmet

http://gbatemp.net/threads/bricked-3ds-xl-help.360464/

8up

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can you ask them what 3dslink/r4 firmware they were using?

Yes I can call to ask.
It matter what game they have on card to ask?

Do you now if it safe to test the customer 3DSlink & R4i Deluxe on other 3DS to see if they still work or is it high risk test.

8up

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no the game doesn't matter , if all 3 used the latest firmware ( 3.3 ) we will know for sure the culprit

Only 1 customer answer now and he say that he not know for sure the software version for card.
Is there way to check from here?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
uhm well , you can get the launcher.dat on the 3ds SD and then compare it's CRC with the diff versions ( try at least 3.3) of the 3dslink/r4i firmwares

8up

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I speak to other customer and he say he download the firmware 3.0 & 3.1 it released

The problem for this one happen with 3.1 he said. He turn on the console after long time (9-10 days) and it get the blue screen without changing game or card.

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think I'll be keeping the wi-fi switched off in the near future until this issue is diagnosed at least.

What are the chances that all of these consoles are having the same issue, at the same time out of the blue, and not being related to an update of some sort? I'd guess pretty slim.

8up

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah link3ds fucked up. the forum I go to regularly has at least 5 link users reporting blue screen.

to OP does yours look like this? http://imgur.com/a/TXVhs

Yes that it same screen!

Can this happen if you keep upgrading/downgrading your firmware all the time? e.g from 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2 to 3.3 back to 3.2 or other older version? Does it damage the console?

willdunz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that it same screen!

Can this happen if you keep upgrading/downgrading your firmware all the time? e.g from 3.0 to 3.1 to 3.2 to 3.3 back to 3.2 or other older version? Does it damage the console?

I honestly have no idea. but some of these users emailed the chinese customer service of 3DSlink. 3dslink people said users should use 3.3b to avoid the problem? Again I don't even know what that means. here's the email screenshot in chinese. http://imgur.com/KTMCQhE From the email I think these people are using 3.2 firmware so maybe 3.2 is bugged or something?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
3.3b is just firmware 2.0 zipped with another name , that's the last firmware before emunand , which is the safest firmware to use right now , seeing that the problem might be emunand related , and only lose zelda and mh4 compatibility

jajasilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is surely turning into a blue screen wave on all the forums... :( And still no way to know whats causing it for sure.

All we know is that 3.x is a common cause on both 3dslink/r4i devices (except 3.3b which is 2.0 really just repacked, but its too early to know for sure)

Ask your customers if they were had WiFi configured connected when this happened.
Other threads are saying that it doesnt happen when WiFi is off but nothing confirmed yet.

Im on 3.2 and it has been working great + I dont use WiFi on my device.

I am afraid to turn it on at all now. :cry::cry:

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
IM Pretty sure 3.0 is exluded. it worked flawlessly for along time.

3.1 was a bitch though. so much savegame corruption.
3.2 is the firmware im using at the moment, absolutely no problems.

I never used either of the two v3.3 releases.

jajasilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes that it same screen!

I dont think so, I have been upgrading/downgrading to test the differences ever since this fiasco started with the 3.3 being a broken release.
I have had all versions to date on my 3DS and gone back and forth in versions and its ok to do so.

Please do ask you customers though if they had WiFi on before the problem. This might be a lead to some troubleshooting.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think wifi switch as anything to do with this issue. if the console doesn't work, it means the NAND/Bootrom is affected.

You should ask if they used EmuNAND 7.x (it seems all users had their emuNAND updated)
If they accessed some menu in the EmuNAND settings, what they changed, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    +1
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: fuck elvis. lol :P