Hacking Help with Blue screen + BOOTROM 8046 error + R4i Deluxe/3DSlink

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Any of the 3.x firmwares need to be avoided at all costs. Wait until they release something new acknowledging that this issue has been resolved.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
No 3.2 is not safe, even if you don't use emunand. The reason why you didn't get bricked yet is because you are lucky. Change your launcher ASAP.

hmm. so its either v2.0 or 3.3b? ..

I was actually thinking of staying on 3.2 and just putting my date to an earlier time. ugh, but idk at the same time it scary

oh btw, Ive been using GWs ds profile hack installer. Maybe that has something to do with it

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh, and maybe u should do more research before spouting things u don't even know. -_-'
It's not even caused by Emunand but by a malicious code founded in modified firmware.
Oh my god your stupidity frustrates me. As I said before 3DSlink/R4i 3.3B is a repack of Gateway's 1.2 launcher which does not contain any brick code.

Reactions: NEP

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
Go 2.0, emunand isn't worth ruining your console.

i edited my post above.
Ive been using GWs ds profile hack installer (NDS file) on my supercard instead of 3DSLink's so that i dont have to carry THREE cartridges when i travel. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
i edited my post above.
Ive been using GWs ds profile hack installer (NDS file) on my supercard instead of 3DSLink's so that i dont have to carry THREE cartridges when i travel. Maybe that has something to do with it.

It doesn't, the exploit itself has nothing to do with it.

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sigh, 3.2 was soooo stable, imo. i shouldve gotten 2 GWs instead of one GW and one 3DSlink. gonna downgrade to 2.0, thx
I feel you man, I've been using 3.2 as well and its been stable too. But I did end up downgrading to 2.0 just to be safe, if you want you can use GateWay's launcher for emunand and then switch launchers to play your 3DSLink games when you want too.

Reactions: Huntereb

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel you man, I've been using 3.2 as well and its been stable too. But I did end up downgrading to 2.0 just to be safe, if you want you can use GateWay's launcher for emunand and then switch launchers to play your 3DSLink games when you want too.

ahh, good idea. i DO have my emunand set up on an entirely different SD card. So you're suggesting i use that card with GW´s launcher specifically for emunand, and use 2.0 on my default card for actual game loading? is that right?

So i dont have to reinstall emunand and all that? i just swap launchers?

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh, good idea. i DO have my emunand set up on an entirely different SD card. So you're suggesting i use that card with GW´s launcher specifically for emunand, and use 2.0 on my default card for actual game loading? is that right?

So i dont have to reinstall emunand and all that? i just swap launchers?
Yeah you can do that, that's what I am going to do cause I have Phoenix Wright on my emunand

Reactions: juins

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
Go 2.0, emunand isn't worth ruining your console.

whoa whoa , hold on, i just remembered, 3.0 doesnt have emunand support, and it runs zelda and batman, only issue was the grey lines hang sometimes while loading the ds exploit. Wouldnt 3.0 be the best choice atm instead of 2.0?

jajasilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a heads up on my case.
I got my bricked console replaced after waiting 2 days for a response from my retailer.
I got a 4.4 :)

I am also going to charge back my credit card for my 3DSlink purchase since I had absolutely no response from them for a solution/refund.

pin

Trophies
XP
Country
Just got this from r4i re. bricking ...

"It seems just the emuNAND feature to cause the blue screen issues....Please don't use the firmware V3.0~3.3 at the moment(V3.3b is safe, which emuNAND feature has been disable anyway), until we find a solution and release it with the coming firmware V4.0 later, by the way, you might also know that the same issue has been reported by lot of GW card users on various forums recently...

Someone got a temporary solution for the blue screen issue(see URL below), but we have not tested it yet, you can try if you would like to, however, that way only works in case you've done system NAND backup for your 3DS console before...

http://www.moddingstudio.com/showth...me-creare-flashare-il-backup-della-NAND(Sorry it's not in English, you might have to translate it by google something...)"

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just got this from r4i re. bricking ...

"It seems just the emuNAND feature to cause the blue screen issues....Please don't use the firmware V3.0~3.3 at the moment(V3.3b is safe, which emuNAND feature has been disable anyway), until we find a solution and release it with the coming firmware V4.0 later, by the way, you might also know that the same issue has been reported by lot of GW card users on various forums recently...

Someone got a temporary solution for the blue screen issue(see URL below), but we have not tested it yet, you can try if you would like to, however, that way only works in case you've done system NAND backup for your 3DS console before...

http://www.moddingstudio.com/showth...3DS-Come-creare-flashare-il-backup-della-NAND(Sorry it's not in English, you might have to translate it by google something...)"
Apparently, the solution is for the different ERRCODE/blue screen issue, more precisely known as "how to make NAND backup".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho