Help with BitPim/phone

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jumpman17, Nov 30, 2010.

Nov 30, 2010

Help with BitPim/phone by jumpman17 at 1:55 AM (556 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I have an LG Chocolate 3, and I had used BitPim before to put an mp3 on my phone that I could use as a ringtone. I refuse to put it on an SD card and load it onto my parents phone just to send it to my phone (which costs money) so I can apply it as a ringtone, since that way or buying them from the marketplace are the only ways to get a custom ringtone because they love money. However, now that I want to change it again, I notice that BitPim doesn't recognize my phone. When I plug my phone in to the computer, it asks if I want to be in data or music mode. I'm assuming I have to be in data mode, but for some reason, selecting it does nothing anymore. I can only pick music mode which doesn't work with BitPim. Any ideas? (if any of that actually made sense, lol)

2. Alato

Member Alato GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well after reading that a couple of times, I understood. lol

I'm pretty sure some phones have to be turned off before they can be used in data mode. So, try turning your phone off then connecting to BitPim.
    And if you can't get it working with BitPim, you can try one of many free sites that allow you to upload a song and send it to your phone so you can download it as a ringtone.

3. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Just tried turning it off. It only charges the battery when plugged in that way. It asks me on the phone though when it is on if I want data or music mode, so I'm assuming it has to be on.

What are these sites where I can send music to my phone? I don't have any kind of data plans (no text, file, picture, internet, ect...), would it cost to do so?

4. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Did you try changing the settings in which Bitpim is reading your phone? I had a similar situation, but got it working when I swapped out what port it was reading from and what my phone model was (usually the Other CDMA phone or whatever setting doesn't work, you have to be specific).