Help With Beup pls Urgent-DS!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by VISHI SO FISHI, Jun 25, 2008.

Jun 25, 2008
  1. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

Member VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

India
    Hey,

I have download Beup quite a couple of times ,the other day i downloaded 0.3e version the latest one and it never worked when it gets to the part when it connects using the firmware in the starting it jst stays like that for ever and nothing happens i even tried custom and did all this is manual wifi setup and Auto!

It never seems to work can someone pls tell me which version is the best and a good guide to how to make it work pls...and what am i doing wrong?

Do i have to have MSN on the comp..I dont think so?

pls help urgent . [​IMG]

2. daisun

Newcomer daisun Member

Australia
    Yeh i cant seem to get it to work either... I can play mario kart and tetris on WFC no problem. But when i try to use beup it just goes 'authenticaing' and then 'cannot connect' [​IMG] . I've also tried turning encryption off but thats a no go as well. I also tried manual settings, no difference. [​IMG]

I'm using M3 Sakura, dunno if that'll affect it. I've also tried beup using the M3 firmware (non sakura) and also the itouch one, same thing [​IMG] .

I think any help would be greatly appreciated by both vishi and I..! [​IMG]

3. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

India
    by the way i m using r4 and pls help

4. Calafas

Member Calafas GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Are you entering the correct custom details for it?

To see them, open a command prompt on your computer, and type in 'ipconfig', without the quote marks, and it will show your IP, and other details, are you sre you entered these correctly?

And did you try to connect to your network and no-one elses? [​IMG]

Thats all i can think of. Hope it helps.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Keep in mind Beup was compiled a long time ago and the wifi library it uses probably doesn't support the newer DS Lites. There's a Wifi patcher you can try, though I've never used it myself. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=54344

6. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

India
    i have a ds phat..

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Are you able to connect with DSOrganize? Have you tried using manual settings rather than automatic ones?

8. daisun

Newcomer daisun Member

Australia
    I just tried that wifi patch, doesn't seem to make a difference. Also the last time i tried DSOrganise it created a corrupt textfile which resulted in my memory card failing to pass the Sakura disk check, so I had to format it. I have not used it since then.

Let me clear something up, when I want to 'use custom' do I simply enter the required info into the fields in the lower screen and then hit the 'use custom' key? Thats what I've been doing, but the top screen always says:

'Connecting using firmware setup:' followed by
    'Searching...'
    'Authenticating...'
    'Cannot connect.'

I haven't tried any other wifi enabled homebrew except for svsip, which doesn't even boot properly, I just get a red screen with an error and a bunch of hex...-________________-'

/edit
    After trying the patch and seeing it not working I continued to read that thread from that link. It was mentioned that changing the wifi channel to any channel between 6-11 helped many people, so I gave it a try. Sure enough, after changing it from channel 1 to channel 6, it works!!!!! =D

Thx for all the help guys!. Hope this helps vishi too!

9. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

India
    hey thank u very much but the question is how do u change your wifi channel?

10. Rod

Member Rod GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Did you put the "BEUP" folder at the root of the card?

11. VISHI SO FISHI
    OP

India
    yup i did and i am going to try the wi-fi channel thing today.. thanks [​IMG]

12. phantomatt

Newcomer phantomatt Member

Canada
    i do believe there's something up with the MSN IP (apparently its changed every so often) meaning it aint a DS problem. its a problem on the MSN server end of things
    so. you probably won't be able to connect anyway. it's most likely not a router problem (cuz commercial games and stuff still works right.)
    so we just needa wait and see if anyone comes out with a patch or smth.