Help with beup and DSOrganize

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jimminy_kriket, Jan 12, 2007.

Jan 12, 2007
  1. jimminy_kriket
    OP

Newcomer jimminy_kriket Member

Canada
    Im really new to homebrew etc, and ive been having trouble getting beup and ds organize running. I have an m3 lite, beup 0.3 live final, and ds organize 2.41 beta. I was wondering if someone could give me some instructions on how to set up these apps, as ive had no luck.

EDIT: Ok, since no one is responding, i thought i'd go into a little detail about whats happening. Lets start with beup, i downloaded 0.3 final, dragged the beup folder with avatars etc to the root of my micro sd, and wrote beup.nds (the non-fat one i think) to the app folder on my sd using the m3 game manager (i tried just dragging it over once). When i try to launch it just sits at "searching" using firmware, ive set up my wifi using mario kart. Could someone explain to me the differences of non-fat, chism, dragonm, etc?

Also DSOrganize isnt working, initially i tried the .nds file but that froze at the m3 loading screen, then i read that the .nds.gba file is for use with m3's, so i tried that and it actually started but gave me the error ""you are not using a card that is compatible with chism's fat library. Please run this program using a GBAmp or other compatible card!" What exactly is chism?? I also read on the homepage that dsorganize had to be patched using dldi. How exactly do I do this? I downloaded the patch and the patcher, but was unable to succesfuly get them to work.

Another thing, i thought i'd try out DSLive weather, but i aslo get a fat error there....

2. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    download the appropriate dldi for your m3 lite cart, and the patcher. then in a command prompt run the patcher. in my case i had to type "dlditool.exe r4tf.dldi dsorganizer.nds" (without the quotes). replace r4tf.dldi to whatever your m3 lite dldi is. as for those other apps i havent tried them.

3. darksavior

Member darksavior GBAtemp Regular

United States
    woops. double post

4. jimminy_kriket
    OP

Newcomer jimminy_kriket Member

Canada
    I got dsliveweather working i think, no more error, i put the dldi patch on it, then found out you had to make a "dsliveweather" folder in root, so it works now I think( havent tested it).

As for DSOrganize, it still hasnt worked, i succesfully patched both the .nds file and the .ds.gba file which is supposed to work for the m3 but no luck. If anyone has any suggestions as to how they got theres to work, or if it is even possible to work on the m3, i'd love to hear it.

And in a last ditch effort i also patched beup with the dldi patch, hoping it will work, im gonna try it out today. I REALLY want msn on my ds!!!

5. roylazarovich

Newcomer roylazarovich Member

Israel
    I'm using M3 Lite as well, what I did was patch the .nds file with the M3SD dldi patch, and run it using Start (not A) and it works perfectly.

Hope this helps.