Hacking Help with bannerbomb

gloriousconnor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to hack my friend's 4.1 wii(don't worry, I've learned my lesson after my last catastrophe. I've tried every version of bannerbomb but none work; I also have the newest version of Hackmii. A few of them let me say yes to install the .elf/.dol, but then the screen goes black and the blue light on the disc slot flashes nonstop. I've left it on for 20 minutes, nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

gloriousconnor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ King Of Chaos: I tried every one on the site, none of them work past the part I mentioned.
frown.gif

I also tried the smashstack hack, it doesn't work either; just freezes the wii.

gloriousconnor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. And when my wii froze during the smashstack hack I converted the .elf to .dol and tried again but it still didn't work.

EDIT: I also turned off Wiiconnect24 and tried the bannerbomb again, still didn't work.

gloriousconnor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that. I get past the part where it asks me if I want to install, but no matter how long I wait the screen where it says press 1 to continue never shows up. The screen just stays black and the blue light on my wii flashes until I unplug it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gloriousconnor said:
I'm trying to hack my friend's 4.1 wii(don't worry, I've learned my lesson after my last catastrophe. I've tried every version of bannerbomb but none work; I also have the newest version of Hackmii. A few of them let me say yes to install the .elf/.dol, but then the screen goes black and the blue light on the disc slot flashes nonstop. I've left it on for 20 minutes, nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

QUOTE(gloriousconnor @ Sep 14 2009, 03:32 AM) I did that. I get past the part where it asks me if I want to install, but no matter how long I wait the screen where it says press 1 to continue never shows up. The screen just stays black and the blue light on my wii flashes until I unplug it.

Do you see the difference between these 2 statements yourself?

I think i will stop helping people who refuse to turn their brain on.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even I don't see the difference. In both scenarios, he is unable to press 1 after choosing to install, the screen goes black, and the disc slot starts flashing.

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
have you tried testing a different .dol file at the card root? Even if it's not hackmii you can replace it with something else to prove that the system is executing the hack, you could use wad mgr or even something old like HBC-beta9.

it sounds like you got to the hackmii pre-install check but could not get past there from what your statements describe.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Covarr said:
Even I don't see the difference. In both scenarios, he is unable to press 1 after choosing to install, the screen goes black, and the disc slot starts flashing.

You don't see:
The .dol is not started and the .dol freezes on the 1st screen?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Covarr said:

You don't see:
The .dol is not started and the .dol freezes on the 1st screen?
He never said it is not started. In both cases, he said that after he chooses to install, the screen to press 1 doesn't appear. There is no inconsistency here.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bannerbomb prompts you to start the .dol/elf, and he writes "install the .elf/.dol", which is wrong, and i thought most people read "start the .dol/dol" there, especially since that's what bannerbomb says, and the installer itself does not say anything about .dol and .elf.

I give up, you win, the solution:
http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=detai...tring=&type[0]=&sev[0]=&pri[0]=&due[0]=&reported[0]=&cat[0]=&status[0]=closed&percent[0]=&opened=&dev=&closed=&duedatefrom=&duedateto=&changedfrom=&changedto=&openedfrom=&openedto=&closedfrom=&closedto=&pagenum=2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night