Hacking Help with Backup Loaders

Pablo Kamien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I couldn't find it.

And also I don't know if this is the right place of this thread. :wacko:

I've got my first Wii this week. And it already came with Wiiflow (version 2.045) and the Wii is with version 4.2E.

The Wii was bought at Europe (at 2010 I think)

I've been reading a lot of backup loaders, but still I'm a little bit lost.

For the games, I use a HDD (FAT32). The Wii doesn't have a SD for the Wiiflow, I THINK that Wiiflow is inside the HDD.

This is what I have inside the HDD.

Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 18.24.46.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-01 at 18.24.53.png

The problem that I am having is that I can't play some games, specially New Super Mario Bros Wii (favorite game).

I read that NSMBW is a game that the backup loaders have some trouble to run, but I've tried to do somethings to play.

I tried to patch up the ISO game, and the other thing is I tried to put a USB_loadergx inside the HDD, but it didn't work out. The Wii still freezes when trying to play NSMBW. I don't know if it is the version of the USB_loader is old to play the game, or if I did wrong.

So my question really is what I need to update (Wii, loaders...), to have a "perfect" Wii with no flaws ( and New Super Mario Bros).

I created this thread because I don't know how to update (Wii and wiiflow or usbloader), because there is so many information, I am lost and I don't know what information to follow.
Also I don't know some "words", like icIOS (something like that)....

So, again.

Wiiflow - 2.045
Wii - 4.2E

Thanks everybody in advance

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all i thinkur gonna need a SD Card for Wiiflow and any other Loaders to load properly im sure its not possible to load Apps off the HD

Then u need to update Wiiflow to the latest revision which is 4.2.1 and about 99% of all games load Flawlessly without any other setup......

If u search for Abz's Masterpiece Wiiflow Pack u will need to just extract that to your SD Card and load Wiiflow thru HomeBrew Channel or Forwarder channel

Pablo Kamien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the help and info!!

But I still have some questions.

1) Just for curiosity, why does the loaders work better on a SD card than on a External Hard Drive?

2) What size of the SD card is recommended? 8GB? 16GB? 4GB?

3) To access the games, I will still be using the external hard drive (FAT32) with the games in wbfs?

4) On the pictures that I uploaded of my external hard drive, on the folder Wiiflow, is that archives that make the Wiiflow "run" on my Wii? If I erase it, will I lose the Wiiflow on my Wii? Or is it installed on Wii's hard drive?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment