Hacking help with backed up saves on g6 lite

jba6511

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i backed up the new super mario bros saves using the U-disk manager to a new folder on my computer. I then deleted all of my games and proceeded to update the firmware. At this point I forgot that I no longer had a copy of NSMB so I grabbed one from the usual places. I then rewrote all of the games plus some new ones back to the G6 lite. I also tried to get the sav files back by writing them to the g6 lite as well. However, now my saved games are gone and the NSMB does not show my files. The girlfriend is driving me nuts now as she was almost done with the game. Can someone please tell me how I should write the saves back to the g6 lite so they will be brecognized when I play NSMB again?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After loading the game onto the cart, put it in the DS and start it up. After you get the "processing data" message, Do not start the game. Turn off the DS and load the save onto the cart. If you start the game between the "processing data" message and loading the save, the save will be overwritten.

ms-x

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did have the same problem with myElite Beat agent save. When you added New Smash bros to your G6 make sure that the names Match the old saves. So rename the Game to match the saves name. Worked fine for me. Good Luck

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just rename both files, the rom and the save ie.. nsmba.nds and nsmba.0
G6 keeps all the saves in its sram, this is the quickest way around it.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
all the stuff you guys mentioned doesn't apply to him if he's using the save manager under u-disk manager. Select the appropriate sav file and hit write, then select the save file you backed up to write and it'll say write ok. Then you're ready to go....you'd want to select xxxx.0 since that's the default slot and it'll be automatically loaded when you boot the rom. This is of course assumin the save you backed u earlier was the correct one, aka xxxx.0 where you used the save manager to use the "read" option.

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
Yes but if he plays NSMB and then closes the DS and puts the G6 inside the PC write the saves then plug it back when he opens the ds the saves from s-ram will write to the rom and he will still have the old ones...Happend to me a few times...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off