help with backed up saves on g6 lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by jba6511, Nov 16, 2006.

Nov 16, 2006
  1. jba6511
    OP

Newcomer jba6511 Member

United States
    i backed up the new super mario bros saves using the U-disk manager to a new folder on my computer. I then deleted all of my games and proceeded to update the firmware. At this point I forgot that I no longer had a copy of NSMB so I grabbed one from the usual places. I then rewrote all of the games plus some new ones back to the G6 lite. I also tried to get the sav files back by writing them to the g6 lite as well. However, now my saved games are gone and the NSMB does not show my files. The girlfriend is driving me nuts now as she was almost done with the game. Can someone please tell me how I should write the saves back to the g6 lite so they will be brecognized when I play NSMB again?

2. jba6511
    OP

Newcomer jba6511 Member

United States
    anyone?

3. miezu

Member miezu GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    when you try to get the saves on G6 do not run the game before...

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    After loading the game onto the cart, put it in the DS and start it up. After you get the "processing data" message, Do not start the game. Turn off the DS and load the save onto the cart. If you start the game between the "processing data" message and loading the save, the save will be overwritten.

5. ms-x

Newcomer ms-x Newbie

Netherlands
    I did have the same problem with myElite Beat agent save. When you added New Smash bros to your G6 make sure that the names Match the old saves. So rename the Game to match the saves name. Worked fine for me. Good Luck

6. Golds

Member Golds Old Member

United States
    just rename both files, the rom and the save ie.. nsmba.nds and nsmba.0
    G6 keeps all the saves in its sram, this is the quickest way around it.

7. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    all the stuff you guys mentioned doesn't apply to him if he's using the save manager under u-disk manager. Select the appropriate sav file and hit write, then select the save file you backed up to write and it'll say write ok. Then you're ready to go....you'd want to select xxxx.0 since that's the default slot and it'll be automatically loaded when you boot the rom. This is of course assumin the save you backed u earlier was the correct one, aka xxxx.0 where you used the save manager to use the "read" option.

8. miezu

Member miezu GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    Yes but if he plays NSMB and then closes the DS and puts the G6 inside the PC write the saves then plug it back when he opens the ds the saves from s-ram will write to the rom and he will still have the old ones...Happend to me a few times...