Help With a G6 Problem

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Remtule, Oct 24, 2006.

Oct 24, 2006

Help With a G6 Problem by Remtule at 2:04 AM (593 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Remtule
    OP

Newcomer Remtule Newbie

Armenia
    Hi guys.

Recently my friend has left his g6 lite here, all was working fine minus a few crash's in some games, up until this morning.
    After reading yesterday i decided to leave it in the usb port to charge, upon waking this morning i've gone and downloaded nitrotracker for the ds (just to check it out)
    I tried extracting directly to my g6, however i crashed and had to manually reboot my pc.

So i reboot back up and the g6 wont read, so i disconnect and plug it back in and it readss
    Now the problem arises
    upon browsing through everything is there as usual, and it also boots in my ds lite fine, however, the moment i try to delete a file, booth up the disk manager, or write to it it is essentially crashing my computer and forcing me to reboot.

I know i can do the format etc but i'm really more interested in an alternative as its my friends and he has a bunch of save game files.

any help would be appreciated

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    copy all the save games first. If that doesn't work, you can either:

1) Try anothe computer (quickest solution to see if problem is with the g6 or warped drivers)

2) Try uninstalling and reinstalling the g6 u-disk device from the devices in windows as well as the u-disk manager.

3) Clear the main memory on the g6 (do a search on how to do this) and proceed as usual to see if it helps your situation.

3. Remtule
    OP

Newcomer Remtule Newbie

Armenia
    how do i uninstall the device
    manager no problem

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    you plug in your g6 and go under device managers and go to the USB devices, there you will see USB U-disk etc, delete it. Then remove your g6 and plug the device back in and let windows redetect from scratch.

5. Remtule
    OP

Newcomer Remtule Newbie

Armenia
  6. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    that is correct.