Help with a couple things about Wii and GC injects

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Alseid, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Alseid
    OP

Alseid Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2018
    Chile
    Hello everyone.

I've been running into a wall with two issues about Wii and GC injects.
    I've read and followed several guides and successfully installed and played several Wii and GC games from the main Wii U menu. The reason I want them installed in the menu is for convenience, as the Wii U is mostly used by my daughter, so it's easier to have everything right in the menu than to have her go into the vWii for some games, then further into Nintendont for a few more.

The problems are:

Wii: I have an old Wii, and I'm trying to copy the saves of a couple games to the Wii U. I got as far as extracting them from the original Wii with Savegame Manager GX, and installing Homebrew Launcher and Savegame Manager GX on the vWii. But when I try to copy the saves, I get an error: "Unable to setUID"

GC: The games work, but there's no memory card. I've run Nintendont on the vWii to create a memory card, but it says it can't read the HDD, and can't find the /games/ folder in the SD (which is obvious, since the games are injected, not just isos to load from the SD).

Any help? Thanks.

2. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    In nintendont.. You choose your memory card size.. 251 is the biggest if I remember correctly.... Like you said you tried to create one... Not sure why it didn't work...

3. Alseid
    OP

Alseid Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2018
    Chile
    Ok, I don't know what the problem was, but I've managed to work around both issues.

Wii: used SaveMii to backup the vWii game saves, then manually replaced them in the SD card with the original Wii saves I extracted with Save Manager GX, then restored them with SaveMii.

GC: actually put a game ISO in the SD for Nintendont with the proper folder format, which allowed me to create the virtual memory card. Even though the game itself couldn't be controlled for some reason, the injected games have access to the memory card and can be controlled with the Wii U gamepad.

Not exactly the solutions I expected, but as far as workarounds go, they did the job. Hope someone can use this as reference some day. Thanks and cheers!