Hacking Help wiith running Acekard2 on my DS

KNEVER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have an Acekard RPG, but it died on me. I just got an Acekard 2, but upon boot-up, it says "System file is missing"

I got the firmware from the website but I don't know exactly how to manipulate it to get it to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Aphexdash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
KNEVER, have you tried formatting your memory card with the panasonic formatter?

also, how to you extract the firmware onto the card. Sometimes inside the ZIP file it might have a directory like AceKard\ with files inside that, that need to be put in the root directory instead of under Acekard\

KNEVER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's it, the root thing. How do I have to set the files up? Do I need to leave the .zip file in as well as the extracted files?

Aphexdash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Inside the zip file, whats it got?

just 1 directory no files like Acekard2\ and all files under that?

cause my m3real's firm ware came in a zip, that had M3Real\ and all files under it, so i extracted the m3real\ directory, entered the directory and cut and pasted everyhting to the root of my card.

Gaia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are a few solutions to your problem,
1. only buy real games and spend a fortune...
2. Go to Acekard's site (on the acekard2 cartridge) and download the system file
3. go to google (or any search engine) and search Acekard2 system file update or something like that, YSMenu works all right, i think there is even a link from this site somewhere (almost certain there is an Automaker thingy for it here)
Hope I helped.
Btw. if you try to load the acekard without any microSD card in it, it says FAT error, meaning the FAT file is missing, but imagine if it meant you were too fat to play DS and it knew and thought that...
weird things crawl into my head, dont they?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.